Mac Pro & Flight Simulator X

falconman

Limp Gawd
Anyone have any experience running FSX on your mac?

How has it performed and what are you using. Mac Pro? Macbook Pro?

Bootcamp? VM-Ware? Or did you just install windows on its own partition?

Thanks!!

Anyone have any experience running FSX on your mac?

How has it performed and what are you using. Mac Pro? Macbook Pro?

Bootcamp? VM-Ware? Or did you just install windows on its own partition?

Thanks!!

While I wish you the best of luck, I can only honestly chuckle under my breath at the thought of this. The MacBook just doesn't have the horsepower to really drive FSX.

BTW, use BootCamp since it'll let Windows run directly on the hardware. VMWare has no 3D acceleration to speak of, so that's a complete non-starter there.

While I wish you the best of luck, I can only honestly chuckle under my breath at the thought of this. The MacBook just doesn't have the horsepower to really drive FSX.

BTW, use BootCamp since it'll let Windows run directly on the hardware. VMWare has no 3D acceleration to speak of, so that's a complete non-starter there.

So Bootcamp would be the best option?

And i was going to use a Mac Pro - not a MacBook...

Boot Camp would be a no-brainer. The fastest way to run anything is completely natively.

Boot Camp would be a no-brainer. The fastest way to run anything is completely natively.

Does BootCamp run in parallel with OSX, or is it installed on a different partition than OSX so windows can be the only OS running?

Boot Camp allows you to have parallel installations of Windows and OSX. I'm not familiar with the specifics of how it's set up, but I know for a fact that it's basically equivalent to dual-booting Windows and OSX.

It's indeed a parallel installation, not parallel operation. You'll be given the option to boot into Windows or OS X when you start your machine, and to switch OSes, you'll need to reboot.

I actually recommend Vista for BootCamp if you have the option.

Back