mac os x VS windows

Wesley1357

Limp Gawd
1. would you buy mac os x to run it on your pc?

2. what features does mac os x has that windows doesn't have and viseversa?

1) assuming it were available for PC hardware, I wouldn't even consider it until it had a well-established driver suite. That said, I've idly considered grabbing one of the Mac Minis.

2) They're both modern OSs. There are no significant differences in terms of what one allows vs the other.

c0rrupt said:

Wow I dont agree with much that was said in that comparison. XP login security at a 9? Bullshit, one Linux boot disk and 5 minutes will change that to a -9 in no time. I like Apple OS Panther then Tiger then XP. Apple is so much easier to use, can do a hell of a lot more, oh and yeah.. not supporting Bill Gates.

Windows is just getting old....

imo.

you should be angry not with bill but ourselfves.

windows xp maybe old, but soon we'll get longhorn (vista).
i am waiting for it.

c0rrupt said:

They forgot one.

RIGHT CLICKING Mac OS = 0 Windows =10000

XP = t3h w1nn4r!! :D

Seriously though, I haven't used a Mac in years. I love XP, and I know it pretty well (passed the 70-270). XP is awesome! I'm hoping Vista (ugh I hate that name) continues the goodness. :)

S1nF1xx said:
RIGHT CLICKING Mac OS = 0 Windows =10000

Assuming you're serious, I'm really tired of hearing this. You can use mice besides the standard Apple mouse, and right-clicking is fully-supported in OS X.

1) Nope. And if I was in love with it that much I'd just mod XP to look/act like it. Why? Because...

2) Windows has software that runs on it. Lots of software. Comparatively little of it is also available on an Apple. Other than that, Windows is just my bitch. It has been for years and years. Apple's something I used after Commodore's got old but before IBM clones became a viable option.

S1nF1xx said:
I'm hoping Vista (ugh I hate that name) continues the goodness. :)

http://changingminds.org/disciplines/change_management/kubler_ross/kubler_ross.htm

That_Sound_Guy said:
XP login security at a 9? Bullshit, one Linux boot disk and 5 minutes will change that to a -9 in no time.
Security becomes absolutely meaningless for any OS if you grant physical access. You ought to find a reasonable example if you're going to slam the rating.

lomn75 said:
Security becomes absolutely meaningless for any OS if you grant physical access. You ought to find a reasonable example if you're going to slam the rating.

QFT

That_Sound_Guy said:
XP login security at a 9? Bullshit, one Linux boot disk and 5 minutes will change that to a -9 in no time.

If I have physical access to any computer on the planet I could:

a. Get in through a boot disk of some kind.
or
b. Destroy all data with a heavy blunt object of my choice. :)

So what you're talking about is irrelivent to the OS. You're circumventing the entire OS. There isn't an OS out there that can protect the computer if it isn't booted. :rolleyes:

Terpfen said:
Assuming you're serious, I'm really tired of hearing this. You can use mice besides the standard Apple mouse, and right-clicking is fully-supported in OS X.
Naw, I'm just kidding. Like I said, I haven't touched a mac since back in 99. I'm just giving you Mac guys a little crap. ;)

S1nF1xx said:
Naw, I'm just kidding. Like I said, I haven't touched a mac since back in 99. I'm just giving you Mac guys a little crap. ;)

Hah. Some of us don't use Macs, though. Like me.

Really wouldn't mind one of those upcoming widescreen iBooks though.

Back