Mac on Windows 2003 Domain

Phandalyon

Hello Macheads.

We just installed a server where I work. We are running Windows 2003 SBS. We have everyone connected to the domain except for our 2 diehard Mac users. Now to clarify, I like macs, but I have never taken the time to learn much about them. We are having a heck of a time connecting to shared printers and other domain objects with these 2 macs. Can any of you provide any pointers for using a Mac in a Windows domain environment? Any help you can offer is greatly appreciated.

MacWindows has a lot of tips. Most important is disabling the requirement for digital signing. Also, we found that it was waaaaay too slow putting user's home directory directly on the server.

Great site, thank you. That will help quite a bit. It gives me someplace to start at least.

mrweasel said:
smb://servername/share ?

Does that work for printers? We have been able to get to shared files. And we can get to network comuters via jetdirect. But we have a couple of smaller non-network printers that we need for occasional color printing and we can't get to those.

I will play with it a bit when one of the Mac users is inhouse next.

Thanks.

Back