Mac help ASAP please

isugoat

2[H]4U
at work right now and I want to fix this mac before i take off for the weekend...anyway here's the prob.

a couple of hard drives in one of the arrays crashed. the files were recovered, but some seem to be quite fucked. trying to access them in Media 100 made the prog crash after giving a -127 error. i managed to get them to the trash, but I can't empty the trash now because when I do it comes back with the -127 error. this is a big problem because these hard drives are filling up quick and we need the 50 GB of space that's stuck in the trash right now.

anyone know how to delete a file that gives you the -127 error when you try to delete it?

It's a G4 running 9.2.2 if that helps.

great, got moved to the apple forum where i might get help in 2 to 3 days :rolleyes:

not a slam on you apple forum guys, i just need quick help since i'm about to leave work...

127 is a generic file system error

try booting off the 9.2 OS disk (hold down "c" on startup) and find the disk repair app (not sure what its called, but its there somewhere).

Originally posted by Methodical
127 is a generic file system error

try booting off the 9.2 OS disk (hold down "c" on startup) and find the disk repair app (not sure what its called, but its there somewhere).

It's in utilities, and it's called Disk Repair.

Oh, and starter, check the attitude at the door. If you think anyone in the normal forum could help... lol.

if you are in OS X you can open terminal and try to use the following process

rm -r

then drag the items you want to delete into the terminal window and it will put the path for those items in, then hit return. When you click back on the desktop or go into the trash the items should be gone. You do have to put a space after the -r or it won't work. If that does not work then try with sudo in front of the rm and try again...if THAT doesn't work then move the items to your desktop, boot back to OS 9, go to HD/users/(your user folder)/desktop and try to trash from there

Back