MAC/DELL wireless conflict

Octave

Gawd
ok, so i set up my g/fs router for her the other day, and it works all nice and snazzy. But for some stupid reason, whenever she is connected to the wireless with her powerbook, i cant get a complete connection with my laptop (see sig). And whenever im connected to the wireless, she cant connect. When i cant get one of the computers to connect, it can still see the wireless, it says its connected, then trying to acquire netowork address and then sits there and thinks for a while. I thought maybe it ran out of IP's to hand out or something, nope, its got over 100 of them to give out, i dont know whats going on? Ive never had this problem before. Also, when Im connected, her bro with an HP laptop can connect just fine, but same story, cant connect when her powerbook is connected. WTF is going on here people?
Specs, Powerbook G4 OSX 10.3.9
Dell lappy in sig,
Router - I have tried my linksys WRT54G, a USR8022 (us robotics), and some crappy netgear that her bro had. All gave me the same issue. Any ideas? Should i refer/double this post in the mac column to see if they know whats going on?
I blame MAC on this one.
If i disconnect the MAC, my dell automatically connects, if i disconnect the dell, my mac automatically connects....screwy aint it?
anyone help?
Edit - the dell has the intel wireless B/G

When just one of the computers is connected, does it receive a public IP?

If it gets a public one, you've got your router set up wrong. Make sure that the ethernet cord from the internet modem is plugged into the 'Internet' port or the 'WAN' port of the router.

I'm not sure whats wrong if you get a private one.

no, it doesnt get a public IP address, and i seriously doubt that the router is setup wrong. Yes, the cable modem is plugged into the WAN port.
like i said, it works with two wireless PC's, but throw that mac into the mix....and WAMMO, no workie.
im pretty sure its not the router, as ive setup several routers that have worked just fine.
I blame the MAC personally.
Theres gotta be something about this someplace on the net.

what happens when you assign the Mac's ip address, gateway, etc?

MAC = media access control as in MAC address
Mac = Computer from Apple running a Macintosh operating system.

BriguyNJ said:
what happens when you assign the Mac's ip address, gateway, etc?

MAC = media access control as in MAC address
Mac = Computer from Apple running a Macintosh operating system.

Ill try tonight and let you know (im off in an hr or so)
Thanks for the clarification, i guess i should have used lower case for most of that.
Im going to assign both the Mac and the Dell their ip addresses/gateways...ect and see what happens then let you know.

Back