Mac Browser

dibbs

Limp Gawd
I am curious as to everyone's opinion on their favorite browser for OS X. Right now I am using Safari. I have experimented with other browsers but would like opinions on things such as stability and speed.

Thanks in advance.

I use Camino. It's pretty fast and easy to use. I don't have any stability problems either.

I use opera in windows and os x. I started it using it a few years ago because of the tabbed browsing. I don't use/can't keep track of all those firefox extensions. It works perfectly fine for me.

I guess I would have to agree ... Firefox is probably the most complete browser out of them all. I do however have to give Opera a shot. It has been out there for a while.

Camino user here. Sure, it lacks plug-in support, but I don't really care about that. And Camino is much more "Mac-like" than barebones Firefox. Safari just feels too "cheap" to me, so I only use it for pages that don't play nicely in Camino/Firefox.

-Brian

I use FireFox. It's great since I gave it the Mac-look. There are a number of options that I like about it over Safari but it seems that Safari is slowly catching up (etc: spell check).

I recently put Camino on my girlfriends 17 inch powerbook and it works great, she really likes it and its close enough to firefox that i can stand it.

When I use a Mac, which unfortunately isn't very often these days, I prefer FireFox. It feels comfortable since I use it on the PC.

I don't like Safari at all.
Explorer is a dead product.

Opera has been my browser of choice under OSX, linux & windows for at least the last 5 years. Quite simply put, the best browser I have ever used, with the bonus that I can keep on using it no matter what platform I'm on at the time.

Camino because Firefox is lacking most of the native behavior and integration I expect on OS X. I keep Firefox around for web developer/firebug and nothing more.

I love Camino... Using Firefox on a Mac just doesn't seem right, but Camino fits right in.

Firefox from beatnikpad.com (intel optimized) + takebacktheweb.org (i think?) GrApple 'Uno' theme as I use Uno to unify the color scheme across all my windows in OS X.

Safari beta 3...it kicks ass. Firefox likes to crash a lot on mac for some reason, and is slow.

That's weird because I have had problems with both safari and firefox crashing lately. :mad:

Camino for me as well - It's comparable to Firefox but I like the interface better... it IS more "Maclike" as some other users have said and I like that.

forgot to mention there is a website out there that shows if your browser is rendering something correctly. Tried with Firefox (forgot what version, but it was the latest about 2 or 3 months ago) and it failed.

Tried with Safari and it worked perfectly. Then I upped to version 3, and everything was good.

I also second the statement made previously that Firefox tending to crash. Was true for me.

I have firefox installed - but on both multiple windows machines and my OSX Macbook - Firefox + Quicktime = Death. A QT movie embedded in a page on either platform viewed via firefox will just kill firefox outright.

That's why I use Camino

Doug

Back