Mac Books and wow

Shinryu

Limp Gawd
Hi guys and girls got a question, I am planning to get a macbook as out of all the laptops I have seen, it has the fastest bootup time, which is perfect for quickly opening up and using in lectures.

But I have a question, will a macbook run world of warcraft?

The specs are going to be 1GB 667 DDR2 - 2x512MB SO-DIMMs
80GB Serial ATA drive (5400rpm) 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, the gpu is a built in intell 900.

I will be upgrading the memory to 2 gig also.

yes it will. There is actually another thread from months ago that talks about it. You will not be able to have much on and performance will be low but yes you can play with acceptable frame rates. Better to go with a Macbook Pro if you plan to game.

I dont intend to play any games on it whatsoever, got my desktop for that, its just wow to be honest that I would play on it.

I dont intend to play any games on it whatsoever, got my desktop for that, its just wow to be honest that I would play on it.

You'll be fine then. It plays it decently. You start getting poor framerates when you're around a lot of people, but most of the time, it's just fine.

Turn down the resolution a notch, turn down the quality a bunch, and you'll do fine.

They actually just improved WoW for macbooks, read the latest patch notes. and no, I am not kidding (guess it would apply to mac mini's too w/ integrated graphics).

not to flame but mac = to adobe photoshop and windows = to gaming hehe :D
Just reminds me of that commerical when your also mentioning about WoW

not to flame but mac = to adobe photoshop and windows = to gaming hehe :D
Just reminds me of that commerical when your also mentioning about WoW

*ahem* WoW is released on both Windows and Mac (as are many games nowadays), so why would you even post a comment like that?

Not true many games do not come out on Windows and Mac
Newest Game ive seen come out for a Mac is like Black&White

Works great on my macbook. I play WoW just about every day. I turn the settings down to the minimum and it actually runs pretty well. 25+ fps.

that's it... wow not even City of Heroes, Lord of the Rings, EVERQUEST 1 and 2, and other numerous korean/japanese mmo's.. just to mention SOME.

These games can just be downloaded from windows to play.

Well you could run them under XP using your Mac :p Since I have both machines I see no reason why.

FWIW, I run 5 copies of WOW at once using an iMac 2.16 with 2g ram and 7600gt :)

I realised the mac isnt for games, but if it can just run the one I play the most its fine, and as someone studying computer science I cant be one to judge an operating system just because it dont play games, from what I have seen the operating system is alot more intuative, and is alot more efficient than windows at what it does, and thats good enough for me

Back