M4E disappearing USB ports.

Armpit

Gawd
I'm having a problem with my new Maximus IV Extreme revision 3.0 (B3) motherboard whereby after cold boot the USB ports do not function. I noticed this problem a few days ago when I powered the PC for the first time in the day the keyboard was not found. I initially thought the keyboard was bad, but moving it to the front panel ports made it work. 4 ports closest to the PS2 port do not work, and only will resume working when I clear CMOS. Any ideas on how to fix the issue? I tried different BIOSes but nothing resolves the issues. Using BIOS 1204 currently. The motherboard was fine for about 2 weeks and now just does this after first powerup of the day. Once the ports are working they'll work thru powercycles until the next day, very odd.

I'm having a problem with my new Maximus IV Extreme revision 3.0 (B3) motherboard whereby after cold boot the USB ports do not function. I noticed this problem a few days ago when I powered the PC for the first time in the day the keyboard was not found. I initially thought the keyboard was bad, but moving it to the front panel ports made it work. 4 ports closest to the PS2 port do not work, and only will resume working when I clear CMOS. Any ideas on how to fix the issue? I tried different BIOSes but nothing resolves the issues. Using BIOS 1204 currently. The motherboard was fine for about 2 weeks and now just does this after first powerup of the day. Once the ports are working they'll work thru powercycles until the next day, very odd.

RMA it.

I was receiving alerts in Windows regarding power surge warnings on my USB ports. My replacement hasn't had any problems.

Just as a followup I put in the P8P67 WS Revolution the other day and so far the board is behaving normally, the M4E has been sent to Asus. Gone are the disappearing USB ports, triple resets upon cold boot or random BSOD while loading Windows, exact same settings as before in terms of overclock etc. Interestingly with this board my SLI cards run at x16, versus x8 on the M4E. I guess they're using the NF200 chip differently on this board, not sure if it makes any difference. One thing different with this board is that to get the same CPU voltages as I did on the M4E I need to put in a higher offset, perhaps the M4E is feeding more voltage to begin with.

Just as a followup I put in the P8P67 WS Revolution the other day and so far the board is behaving normally, the M4E has been sent to Asus. Gone are the disappearing USB ports, triple resets upon cold boot or random BSOD while loading Windows, exact same settings as before in terms of overclock etc. Interestingly with this board my SLI cards run at x16, versus x8 on the M4E. I guess they're using the NF200 chip differently on this board, not sure if it makes any difference. One thing different with this board is that to get the same CPU voltages as I did on the M4E I need to put in a higher offset, perhaps the M4E is feeding more voltage to begin with.

Cool glad it's working.

Yes, the WS Rev uses the NF200 chip a bit differently. The MIVE will only use the NF200 if there are three PCIe 16 cards populating the board. The WS Rev uses the NF200 all the time.

Back