M4A785-M Has No Audio!

JeffC

Weaksauce
I just upgraded my kids system to the M4A785-M mobo and Phenom II X4 925. I have updated all the drivers but the audio. When I try to update the audio driver (VIA_Audio_V6017900_XpVistaWin7) I get an "We can't find HD audio device" error. Is this something with the drivers or a bad mobo?

System:
Mobo: M4A785-M
CPU: Phenom II X4 925
GPU: Palit Geforce GT 240
Memory: 4GB Dual-Channel DDR2 (AData 800)
PSU: XIGMATEK ACXTNRP-PC602 600W.

Last edited:
is it turned on in the bios?

try clear cmos/reset-?

If it is bad it may be cheaper to put in a cheap pci soundcard as opposed to RMA shipping etc.

Yes it is turned on in the bios. I have tried with both HD audio enabled as well as disabled and get the same results.

RMA cost are not an issue as I purchased from Amazon so I would RMA it through them and were it is defective they cover shipping. However, after doing some further research it seems that this is a driver conflict of some sort with Windows 7 64bit. So even if I RMA it might not change anything :(

Would you happen to have any suggestions for an inexpensive quality 8 channel sound card. I need something for gaming and ventrillo (VOIP).

Jeff

jeff before we go any farther ,if you have an ATI video card by default windows will try to use the HD audio over HDMI see the pic and make sure your using the proper settings

soundcontrol-1.png

Back