M3A78-T now has uleashing mode

hmm, my Asus m4A78E now also has a bios out with unleashing-mode...

time to slap on that Arctic Freezer pro and see if my 7750 will go full agena :p

EDIT: bah, no luck. After fiddling with the options cpu-z now even reports my 7750 as single core :p (windows shows two though..). I did install the AFP, and now i'm running at 2.9/2.0 GHz, 100 mhz more then my previous OC... I might just try for 3.0 or 2.2 on the northbridge (gotta love seperately OCable L3 cache). Now i'm actually tempted to pick up a sempron 140 to see if i can make that a dually... (basically a €35 experiment to see if my mobo unlocks..)

Last edited:
well, my 7750 is having trouble with 3.0 at 1.3875v. It boots and games without a hitch, but it wont run dual superpi..

might bump it up to 1.4 tomorrow, but as long as it doesnt crash..

You can't unlock AMD Kuma since they are Phenom I chips and not Phenom II chips.

And as i recall Phenom 1's Have the disabled core laser cut so that they cannot be activated while Phenom 2's are disabled by software

And as i recall Phenom 1's Have the disabled core laser cut so that they cannot be activated while Phenom 2's are disabled by software
There is this http://www.techpowerup.com/92330/Athlon_X2_7750_BE_Unlocked_to_Quad-Core.html

and There was a modded bios on XS was supposed to unlock 7750,I never seen one unlocked but the guy (sxs112) says it can unlock.

I would try mine but with watercooling it is a pain to swap out the cpu.When i can afford it i am gonna get a M4A785 board i'll try it then.

Last edited:
You can't unlock AMD Kuma since they are Phenom I chips and not Phenom II chips.

there have been a few unlocked 7750/7850s, perhaps they were flukes. I figured it might be worth a try, all i lost was five minutes :) (and gained another 200 mhz)

but now i am kind of tempted to get a sempron 140, just to unlock something, too bad the performance isnt really worth it (along with not having an unlocked multi)

Back