m2n-sli deluxe phenom II + am3 cpu support

sirmonkey1985

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - July 2010
well it looks like asus is still updating ancient friggin motherboards.. they released a beta bios as of 4/14/10 5001 that adds all athlon II, phenom II, sempron processors including the AM3 variations of those processors..

link:
ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/mb/socketAM2/M2N-SLI%20Deluxe/

info on the bios
[ 5001 ]
----------------------
1.Beta Bios for Supporting AM3 CPUs
2.System still able to POST when set CPU Multiplier to 35X, but actual frequency will not change
3.Due to chipset limitation, Max HTT is 1000MHz only.
4.It will no display if downgrade Bios to lower version
5.Must use Asus update 7.17.17 for Bios update

there are a lot more things updated on these bios then just the AM3 support..

so far in the 30 minutes of using the bios i have noticed all my cold boot issues are gone, also all the issues people have been hearing from me when im bitching about this motherboard have also been fixed.. go figure 4 RMA's and the problem was the bios and not the board's not to mention 3+ years later they finally release a bios that fixes the problem.. also they cleaned up the memory timing tab to make it much more user friendly by showing you exactly what you are changing instead of having to guess which is which if your new to ram timing..

screen shot for proof..

phenomiim2nslideluxe.png

if im in the mood maybe ill benchmark it just to see what the performance loss is with the slower Hyper Transport but for now all your getting is the BOINC info because i dont feel like suspending the science projects just for benchmarks.. and yes i will be overclocking it tonight to see if i can finally reach the 3.8ghz mark on this processor which i was not able to do on my Biostar TForce 780G m2+..

oh yeah i forgot to mention, for people using AM3 processors there is still some what of a support issue.. the bios automatically sets the cpu to a 4x multiplier.. you will have to use ntunes to change the multiplier within windows.. this may be fixed eventually but right now there is some one working on adding thuban x6 support on this motherboard with a custom bios.. ill keep watching the progress to see if anything happens..

overclock update:

940m2nslideluxeovercloc.png

i was able to get to 3.8ghz but was not fully stable.. the only problem im having right now is trying to figure out what cpu voltage is correct... cpu-z shows it at 1.36v under load 1.402v idle, asus probe II shows it at 1.54v and my bios is set at 1.55v.. so until i can find what voltage is correct ill be leaving it at 3.7ghz for now..

Last edited:
Thanks for the info maybe I can get the x2 5600 upgraded on that board that my wife uses

whatever your BIOS is set to is what your voltage will be.....and nice OC on an M2N

whatever your BIOS is set to is what your voltage will be.....and nice OC on an M2N

yeah its something wrong with 3rd party software not detecting the cpu voltage correctly.. theres a bunch of us stumped on another forum on this because its only my board thats reporting it incorrectly..

Back