M2 sooner than we think(Jan/Feb 2006)?

But of course.. Some of us (the enthusiasts) will pay the price to play with the biggest, baddest toys around.

Me? I'll just keep dreaming..

Morley said:
I have a strong feeling that we'll see a dual core FX-60.

lol, didn't I say this on the 25th? ;)

Rabidfox said:
You have a point on the pricing issue, it might make sense, seeing that the FX series has always advanced by two's on odd numbers, 53/55/57. Throwing a 60 into the mix doesn't make sense, unless they're dual core with unlocked multi's like the rest of the FX line....hold up....I just got a [H]ard-on over a dual core FX chip, does that make me a silicosexual?

in reference to the FX60 not being in line with the numbering scheme for the current single core FX chips? FX55=2.6ghz FX57=2.8ghz FX59=3ghz FX60(uh-oh, even number, probably a dual 2.8ghz w/unlocked multiplier :eek: )

**EDIT** Just a little bit more info on Dual core FX's (speculation mostly, but in line with what we are discussing)

A Bit-Tech link on the subject

Rabidfox said:
lol, didn't I say this on the 25th? ;)

in reference to the FX60 not being in line with the numbering scheme for the current single core FX chips? FX55=2.6ghz FX57=2.8ghz FX59=3ghz FX60(uh-oh, even number, probably a dual 2.8ghz w/unlocked multiplier :eek: )

**EDIT** Just a little bit more info on Dual core FX's (speculation mostly, but in line with what we are discussing)

A Bit-Tech link on the subject
I'll just say that I have independent 'strong feelings' from your post. ;)

makes sense.. gotta do a lot of testing and tweaking to get yeilds up instead of running into things blind :cool:

AMD and IBM have extended their chip fabrication process development pact, the two companies confirmed yesterday.

The agreement will see the pair co-operating on the technologies used to produce processors at 32nm and 22nm, and will centre on research in transistor design, interconnects, lithography and ways to connect a die to the package. The deal will run through to 2011.

http://www.theregister.com/2005/11/01/amd_ibm_chip_deal/

Samsung samples GDDR 4 chips
http://www.theregister.com/2005/10/27/samsung_samples_gddr4/

I highly doubt any of these goes into M2. But it's interesting what's around the corner.

Back