M2 sooner than we think(Jan/Feb 2006)?

But of course.. Some of us (the enthusiasts) will pay the price to play with the biggest, baddest toys around.

Me? I'll just keep dreaming..

Rabidfox

Limp Gawd
Morley said:
I have a strong feeling that we'll see a dual core FX-60.
lol, didn't I say this on the 25th? ;)

Rabidfox said:
You have a point on the pricing issue, it might make sense, seeing that the FX series has always advanced by two's on odd numbers, 53/55/57. Throwing a 60 into the mix doesn't make sense, unless they're dual core with unlocked multi's like the rest of the FX line....hold up....I just got a [H]ard-on over a dual core FX chip, does that make me a silicosexual?
in reference to the FX60 not being in line with the numbering scheme for the current single core FX chips? FX55=2.6ghz FX57=2.8ghz FX59=3ghz FX60(uh-oh, even number, probably a dual 2.8ghz w/unlocked multiplier :eek: )

**EDIT** Just a little bit more info on Dual core FX's (speculation mostly, but in line with what we are discussing)

A Bit-Tech link on the subject

Chris_Morley

Former [H] Consumer Managing Ed.
Rabidfox said:
lol, didn't I say this on the 25th? ;)

in reference to the FX60 not being in line with the numbering scheme for the current single core FX chips? FX55=2.6ghz FX57=2.8ghz FX59=3ghz FX60(uh-oh, even number, probably a dual 2.8ghz w/unlocked multiplier :eek: )

**EDIT** Just a little bit more info on Dual core FX's (speculation mostly, but in line with what we are discussing)

A Bit-Tech link on the subject
I'll just say that I have independent 'strong feelings' from your post. ;)

(cf)Eclipse

Freelance Overclocker
makes sense.. gotta do a lot of testing and tweaking to get yeilds up instead of running into things blind :cool:

MC FLMJIG

Supreme [H]ardness
AMD and IBM have extended their chip fabrication process development pact, the two companies confirmed yesterday.

The agreement will see the pair co-operating on the technologies used to produce processors at 32nm and 22nm, and will centre on research in transistor design, interconnects, lithography and ways to connect a die to the package. The deal will run through to 2011.

http://www.theregister.com/2005/11/01/amd_ibm_chip_deal/

Samsung samples GDDR 4 chips
http://www.theregister.com/2005/10/27/samsung_samples_gddr4/

I highly doubt any of these goes into M2. But it's interesting what's around the corner.