M-Rated Star Wars: 1313 First Look

Personally I did not like what I saw because it seemed to narrow in scope of what they let us see so i can't really tell if this will be an actual good game or just something that till be 20 bucks a few weeks after release. We'll see if they can make us forget about SWTOR.

The host of that interview was definitely not a PC gamer. He had a total "console douche bag announcer to the sheep" sound about him.

The graphics for the game look cool. But, I've never found the whole jumping from object to object while falling through the air thing in many starwars games that entertaining. When I saw it here I ended up rolling my eyes, again.

Watch dogs was also running on a PC and only played with a xbox controler because they had to stand up on stage.

Oh and I like how they fail to say that the obvious PC games running on was not running on pcs they just said nothing.

They did not even say the platforms you have to look at the watch dogs press papers to see the platforms.

I've never been a huge star wars fan but this looks pretty cool. I'd love more "mature" stuff too, but won't be surprised if it's just blood splatters and such that push it over the edge.

Looks great but kind of lame it was running on pc and they were still playing with a controller when shooting the demo footage.

I use a controller on PC. Don't see the problem. The Witcher 2 played great with one

Gears of Star Wars. Well, at least it's not another Force Unleashed.

I use a controller on PC. Don't see the problem. The Witcher 2 played great with one

I've not used a controller on my PC since Motocross Madness and Final Fantasy VII. I need to get one again and buy Skyrim. I hate playing RPGs with the keyboard and mouse.

Looks great but kind of lame it was running on pc and they were still playing with a controller when shooting the demo footage.

Well normally I think they do it because if someone has to play it in a demo it's tricky to get a KB+mouse there to do it.

Even if it's prerecorded they probably figure controller is better for presenting since mouse users often have a tendency to whip the screen around. Some of my friends (not all) look around so fast with the mouse that I can't watch them for long without feeling funny in the head, and I certainly don't see much of the world.

Gears of Star Wars. Well, at least it's not another Force Unleashed.
Honestly, I'd love another Force Unleashed that was actually done properly. I though the game had great potential and the first one was actually fun despite some flaws, some consolisation and a lot of missed potential. The second was a pile of crap.

Looks awesome. If they embargo the PC release and go console first I'll boycott it.

I have little hope for Star Wars games. Everything since KOTOR 2 and maybe Battlefront 2 has been an absolute disgrace.

There are tech demos that look that good for sure.

The questions is, is it all eyecandy, or will it be actually playable?

"You won't know when the cutscene ends and when you have control"? Doesn't sounds promising. Sounds like it's going to be on-rails. I mean, the "player controlled" bit jumping and climbing? What kind of control do you even have there? The oddball third-person top-down/over-shoulder mix of shooting? I have no problem with third-person shooters, but it just looks like the only actual control part is the over-shoulder bits.

The graphics look nice. And I understand that we only got to see a few very short clips, but the vib I got was that it's going be be another heavily scripted, linear, cinematic game. Just the camera system alone that were being used in these demos made me dislike it.

this is what i thought also. just what we need, another rail shooter.... can't wait :rolleyes:

i love the starwars universe tho very few games have actually been any good.
the only 2 starwars games that i can remember playing that were actually really good were;

Rebellion: RTS kinda like the 'total war' series with a strategic map and tactical map for 3D ship battles. plus you had your classic starwars characters (vader, han, chewie, luke) that performed a bunch of tasks (command fleet & ground battles, perform infiltration, conversion missions etc) and gained experience. recon if they did the same game today with updated graphics & game elements, it would rock.

Knights of the old Republic: RPG one of my all time favourite RPGs. only have to mention 1 character - HK-47...
"Query: This "meatbag" is an incoherent babble of useless information. Can I shoot him?"
HK-47 quotes;
http://darth.wikia.com/wiki/Quote:HK-47
The sequel might not have sucked if they actually released a 'completed' game.

i have very little hope they'll ever release another 'decent' starwars game. maybe by accident?

It looked pretty good to me as does any other current game but I wasn't "blown away" by it. I didn't get all tingly watching it like some are apparently doing. Was kind of over hyped in my opinion. I assume this one is going to be single player with a muliplayer element rather than mulitiplayer only. That would be great for me since I'm not a mulitiplayer. Anyway, long time to wait so I'll just forget about it for awhile.

force unleashed first trailer was awesome... i have little faith in the star wars franchise sadly

I think the production value looks high class but why was the person playing with a gamepad if this is a PC game?

yup, looks great. however, I don't like cover based shooters. but still... I'll wait and see what it will look like at release.

this is what i thought also. just what we need, another rail shooter.... can't wait :rolleyes:

i love the starwars universe tho very few games have actually been any good.
the only 2 starwars games that i can remember playing that were actually really good were;

Rebellion: RTS kinda like the 'total war' series with a strategic map and tactical map for 3D ship battles. plus you had your classic starwars characters (vader, han, chewie, luke) that performed a bunch of tasks (command fleet & ground battles, perform infiltration, conversion missions etc) and gained experience. recon if they did the same game today with updated graphics & game elements, it would rock.

Knights of the old Republic: RPG one of my all time favourite RPGs. only have to mention 1 character - HK-47...
"Query: This "meatbag" is an incoherent babble of useless information. Can I shoot him?"
HK-47 quotes;
http://darth.wikia.com/wiki/Quote:HK-47
The sequel might not have sucked if they actually released a 'completed' game.

i have very little hope they'll ever release another 'decent' starwars game. maybe by accident?

3 more that come to mind for me...

Jedi Knight series

Pod Racer

Rogue Squadron

Wasted a lot of hours on those in my youth.

I liked Empire Strikes Back on the Atari 2600 as well with the side scroller AT-AT versus snowspeeder battles.

Clicked away when I saw the "Gears of War" cover system..Why is this shit so popular now? Oh yeah! Consoles!

It could just have something to do with the fact that most people would take cover when being shot at?

It could just have something to do with the fact that most people would take cover when being shot at?

Not true to the Star Wars universe. No one ever seemed to take cover from the slow moving laser fire back then.

The Clone Wars is one long series of battles where clones and droids charge at each other in the open, missing 99% of their shots. I still don't get how a droid misses 99% of the time. Seems like someone might want to come out with Targeting 1.1 to fix that.

Back