M-Audio AV40s dying? Can't get support

Raxxath

Limp Gawd
My AV40s have started making a very loud buzzing sound whenever I turn them on. Any sound that I try to play comes out extremely distorted. This lasts for about three minutes and slowly fades out to where it works normally again.

I'd like to get this fixed, as it's very annoying, but it looks like you can't contact M-Audio's support unless you have a support access code. They tell you to register your product to receive one, which I just did, but didn't get anything in my email. Otherwise, they want you to BUY a support access code, which is ridiculous. Anyone have an idea on what I should do here?

Try calling them? There only phone number I can find listed . (626) 633-9050. I know they say not to call but that is BS. I hate companies that make it hard to get support for there products.
Other than that try complaining on there support forums.

I'd be calling them. Explain the issue you had with registration/receiving the access code. Then see if they can provide support while you're already on the phone with them.

M-Audio has horrible customer service. I've had 3 sets of AV20s fail now and each time takes upwards of 6 months to resolve with them.

I've given up contacting them bc they just dont care to respond in a timely efficient manner.

And that damn service ticket crap updating the web ticket sucks!

Back