M-Audio AV-40 vs Swan D1080's Still can't decide =/

Carlin

[H]ard|Gawd
Blagh, I only have ~$140 after shipping for I've narrowed it down to these two speakers. I can't decide which of the two to get!

If you had to break it down to which hits a bit harder with the bass, which one would you choose? I don't plan on getting a sub to pair with these speakers, but I do have a Xonar D2 sound card.

I would be getting the Swans from TAI for ~$135, where would yall get the M-Audio AV40's if you were to get those over the Swans?

Thanks guys,
Carlin

Last edited:
D1080MKII.

Are you referring to MS40 or AV40? I think AV40 is more comparable than the MS40.

They are relatively similar. I think I would take the D1080MKII over the AV40 though. I like the aesthetics better.

Ok, I'm going with the Swans. I was able to get a new set for $115 shipped. PM me if you want to know the source.

I found some Rokit RP5 G1 on sale on craigslist and is wondering how they fair with Swans D1080MKII & M200MKII?

Last edited:
Shipping is $20 on this site.

I paid $115 shipped somewhere else.

Why the secret? It's not blazin'. You come here asking for help deciding, you get advice, then prolong telling people where to purchase them from. Makes no sense...

Maybe the super sekrit site only has a few in stock and he wants to make sure his are shipped, would make sense. If not then I don't know whats going on,

I found some Rokit RP5 G1 on sale on craigslist and is wondering how they fair with Swans D1080MKII & M200MKII?

I have Rokit RP6 and I think they blow away any computer speakers. A volume level control ike the TC Level Pilot is useful though.

Maybe the super sekrit site only has a few in stock and he wants to make sure his are shipped, would make sense. If not then I don't know whats going on,

This.

The seller said he won't be able to do this price for everyone, but he said he could do it if you buy a used one. He said they were used for maybe a day or two at a demonstration or something.

http://www.ozhometheater.com/ You'll have to email Kraig, the owner there.

I believe they are a Swan authorized dealer also.

Carlin, how do you like the speakers? I noticed the D1080's have 10wpc, AV40 are 20w, but Swan's have bigger woofers (5" vs 4"). Do you find that they play loud enough?

The av40s play really loud, i know that much. Ddidnt expect them to but i rarely turn them past a quarter on the knob. Fairly loud

Just a FYI, love my Swans. like OMG I LOVE THEM! If the vented port was a bit better I'd...

This.

The seller said he won't be able to do this price for everyone, but he said he could do it if you buy a used one. He said they were used for maybe a day or two at a demonstration or something.

http://www.ozhometheater.com/ You'll have to email Kraig, the owner there.

I believe they are a Swan authorized dealer also.

FYI, OZ is an Audio Insider dealer, which is to say, a Swan dealer. The D1080MkII is in stock new, and frequently available as a tested B-stock. The usual guarantees and warranty's apply.

Back