M.2 SSD port not detecting anything

Comixbooks

Fully [H]
Hate to think I burnt it out using a PCIE extender from a old Asus Z170 motherboard as a backup.
Any remedy to this? I installed every latest driver with my Z690 motherboard and updated to the latest Bios.
The M.2 slot is located near the CPU on top the other X3 M.2 slots work fine. I guess Asus boards are not a TUF as they used to be.

Update: I got it working someone on reddit posted that they installed the 13th gen CPUs knocked out the 1st M.2 slot so back in with the 12th gen 12700K.

I was going to ask how many lanes it provides.

On my board I cannot use a second GPU if I have both NVME ports populated. And if I have two GPUs, only able to use a single NVME.

Just reading on the Asus ROG forums the lanes changed with the z790 chipset so who know what happens when you put a new chip in a z690 board. Not what I expected there are more 4.0 pcie lanes and less 3.0 with Z790 Not sure if I should sell the chip or upgrade not all the Z790 boards are out yet.

I was going to ask how many lanes it provides.

On my board I cannot use a second GPU if I have both NVME ports populated. And if I have two GPUs, only able to use a single NVME.
Which board and chipset? AMD or Intel?

I am using an Asus x570 P and just had the same problem today. Plugged in a Gen 3 NVME I know was working and I see nothing. Bios setting?

I am using an Asus x570 P and just had the same problem today. Plugged in a Gen 3 NVME I know was working and I see nothing. Bios setting?
Read above, and check your mobo manual about what ports and PCIe slots / SATA slots can be used together, as some things cancel out others cause you only have so many PCIe lanes.

Read above, and check your mobo manual about what ports and PCIe slots / SATA slots can be used together, as some things cancel out others cause you only have so many PCIe lanes.
Both slots are supposed to work. I see 2-1 and 2-2 in the bios but even though highlighted when clicking on them nothing shows. My boot drive is one of these so I have clue that one is actually working.

Back