LulzSec Offers Ceasefire Solution for Targets

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
This is getting really ridiculous….how can someone with any sense at all take these people seriously? LulzSec has issued a ceasefire condition via Twitter. The tweet asks for President Obama to wear a shoe on his head during his next news conference and all hacking will cease. Stunts like this will do nothing for their cause and will only serve to erode any support they may have had left.

Unfortunately for LulzSec’s victims, the attacks and leaks are likely to continue due to Obama more than likely to ignore the request.

a shoe? o_O , what the heck is the connection with a shoe, its like the phrase "really? who throws a shoe", I don't like obama, but heck why does he need wear a shoe on his head. (yeah, a lot of shoes in a single sentence)

they are really getting over confident, on the bright side, the more they piss off, the faster they will get caught :D

They expect him to ignore it. Imagine if Obama did it though, they'd not know what to do.

It's common to ask someone on video chat to do something unusual to prove the video isn't a recorded loop. Asking to put a shoe on their head is one of the more lulzy ones.

I can't wait until this guy/group gets caught. Countless felony charges will be thrown at them and they are probably the nerdiest group of people in the world. Wonder how long they'll last in prison.

a shoe? o_O , what the heck is the connection with a shoe, its like the phrase "really? who throws a shoe", I don't like obama, but heck why does he need wear a shoe on his head. (yeah, a lot of shoes in a single sentence)

Shoe on head.

Google it.

Shoe on head was an old meme, and I had fun participating in it on livejasmin. But that was for lulz, this lulzsec crap on the other hand is about being assholes. I suppose Assholesec didn't quite have the ring to it.

Come on, we all like a little bit of Ludz, these guys are hilarious, Putting aside their Hacking(cracking to some) this is heading towards Monty Python humor. Now if they could just keep their business acumen to corporations and politicians and not screw with or publish ordinary peoples info.

This is getting really ridiculous….how can someone with any sense at all take these people seriously? LulzSec has issued a ceasefire condition via Twitter. The tweet asks for President Obama to wear a shoe on his head during his next news conference and all hacking will cease. Stunts like this will do nothing for their cause and will only serve to erode any support they may have had left.

They have a cause? I thought they were just being assholes on a, "because they could", basis.

They would laugh their asses off and continue hacking everyone, is my guess.

Probably so, but it would partially take them off their guard, especially when they know they would look like bigger jerks for continued hacking. You can tell they are addicted to their sport. They seemed doomed to keep on it until someone finds them.

Who's going to be laughing when governments decide to expand their definitions of what a cyber criminal and a cyber terrorist are and respond and react accordingly?

Shoe on head.

Google it.

lulz, dare a quad-deck or GTFO!

triplestack_satanworshipping_noasssist_shoe_on_head.jpg

What I wonder is if these guys organizing all this aren't from the US, would the US government consider this an act of war and consequently condemn the country holding these criminals (terrorists?)... ?

They've been going after increasingly large targets, it's only a matter of time before they start messing with the stock exchanges or something...

Kind of a scary thought

Who's going to be laughing when governments decide to expand their definitions of what a cyber criminal and a cyber terrorist are and respond and react accordingly?

They already have the laws in place that gives them the right to catch these kids, stronger worded laws won't help. People still kill even though a noose awaits them. Any other suggestions to teach these kids that what there doing is wrong and to change their ways. Its a catch 22. When kids see what the white collar criminals and politicians get away with, it doesn't shore up a countries belief system and teach them any values. It just forces the country and states to build more prisons.

According to news posted right here (or at least i think they both were lol) the us government said it would take a cyber attack as an act of war and that 1 in 5 hackers are FBI agents, so 1 in 5 members of lulzsec are FBI agents c omitting an act of war on their own country rofl.

Really this is all getting rather silly but i admit this is a good show to me, i understand that people effected by any attacks its far from funny for them but come on, how can you not find this funny, its going to have such an epic (i hope) ending it will be like some kind of real life movie.... oh crap, Hollywood is probably hard at work cranking out script idea's for a lulzsec movie lol.

What I wonder is if these guys organizing all this aren't from the US, would the US government consider this an act of war and consequently condemn the country holding these criminals (terrorists?)... ?

They've been going after increasingly large targets, it's only a matter of time before they start messing with the stock exchanges or something...

Kind of a scary thought

Kids couldn't have done much worse then what just happened two years ago with the markets. We were just inches away from another world wide depression, and were not out of the woods yet, the fools who run the market place are still in power and of course the minions who thought that a deregulated market place is good for capitalism are still waving their magic wand in the air. The idiots are still out of control.

They already have the laws in place that gives them the right to catch these kids, stronger worded laws won't help. People still kill even though a noose awaits them. Any other suggestions to teach these kids that what there doing is wrong and to change their ways. Its a catch 22. When kids see what the white collar criminals and politicians get away with, it doesn't shore up a countries belief system and teach them any values. It just forces the country and states to build more prisons.

very true, though politicians will still find ways to control the internet more, for the sake of catching these kids easier. And also.... none of this force anyone to build more prisons. Instead those involved in violent physical crime go on parole sooner. That's how it works now. Yes, the repeat offenders get out shortly after a quick slap on the wrist. At least that's how things work in NC.

This is the first thing lulz has done that i approve of, I support clowns looking like clowns, I mean a shoe is kinda lame, now had they required a pink bikini to be worn outside his suit . . . then they would have something!

so how are these "freedom fighters" doing with their "mission"

fucking losers that need to be neutered... assuming they got any in the first place (which is a very large assumption)

Agreed.

I have to say this actually made my lulz, unlike most of the things they say/do. :)

At least this one doesn't have a warped idea of self-righteousness trying to pass as being "for the people" while attacking the people it claims to be for.

I lost all respect for these cyber-thugs a while ago. You want to go after corporations and expose them for the wrongs they do against us? Fine.But when you turn your attacks on the common man, you are hurting the very people you rely on to keep your secrets and support you.

They've apparently changed their tune, and quite quickly:

I'm not sure if Comcast links will work if you're not a Comcast subscriber, but just in case: http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20110626/US.LulzSec/

As a parting shot, LulzSec released a grab-bag of documents and login information apparently gleaned from gaming websites and corporate servers. The largest group of documents — 338 files — appears to be internal documents from AT&T Inc., detailing its buildout of a new wireless broadband network in the U.S. The network is set to go live this summer. A spokesman for the phone company could not immediately confirm the authenticity of the documents.

In the Friday interview, the LulzSec member said the group was sitting on at least 5 gigabytes of government and law enforcement data from across the world, which it planned to release in the next three weeks. Saturday's release was less than a tenth of that size.

and this was the only other thing I found googling about them shutting down:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2387581,00.asp

I'm sure everyone and their brother will be picking this story up. Just wondering who's going to decide to try to pick up where these guys left off.

I lost all respect for these cyber-thugs a while ago. You want to go after corporations and expose them for the wrongs they do against us? Fine.But when you turn your attacks on the common man, you are hurting the very people you rely on to keep your secrets and support you.

I feel pretty much the same way.

Um, I've never found them to be funny at all actually. They are going trip on their own growing ego and get caught someday if they keep this up.

Um, I've never found them to be funny at all actually. They are going trip on their own growing ego and get caught someday if they keep this up.

I hope they are caught and thrown in jail where they are sharing a bed with a fat man named stabby.

tonight they announced they were disbanding, no reason giving,I'm suspecting they feel the hot breath of prision coming down on them, disbanding wont save them and ther authorities probaly already know exactly who they are.

You guys every think they got a job working for the man?

I can't wait until this guy/group gets caught. Countless felony charges will be thrown at them and they are probably the nerdiest group of people in the world. Wonder how long they'll last in prison.
When one is used up, just reach into the cell and pop a fresh one. If they use them rationally, they can last a very long time.

This group has no "cause" other than hacking for the lulz. Their "support" is from those who find it humorous the results of their antics, or who dislike those who were Lulzsec's many targets.

Lulzsec is not "Anonymous". I suspect you don't understand what "Anonymous" even is.

Shoe on head was an old meme, and I had fun participating in it on livejasmin. But that was for lulz, this lulzsec crap on the other hand is about being assholes. I suppose Assholesec didn't quite have the ring to it.

Is that you, newfag?

very true, though politicians will still find ways to control the internet more, for the sake of catching these kids easier. And also.... none of this force anyone to build more prisons. Instead those involved in violent physical crime go on parole sooner. That's how it works now. Yes, the repeat offenders get out shortly after a quick slap on the wrist. At least that's how things work in NC.

Prison construction, prison population, and incarceration rates are not declining.

The only thing causing the release of inmates, aka usually drug users who shouldn't even be in jail and other non-violent inmates, despite your incorrect inferring that they are all violent inmates being released, is the fact that the economy is slow. Once the economy picks up, it will be business as usual as the prison industrial complex lobbies its way to greater riches with promises of valor and esteem to politicians who want cheap, chinese-made plastic badges stating "This Guy Is 'Tough On Crime'!" to wear on their heartless chests as they collude with the prison system to lock up as many people as they can deem "criminals".

By the way, for those that didn't know, the drop in crime all across the U.S. during the 90's, a time when crime was predicted to skyrocket because of a trending rise in crime nationwide, was not due to any bullshit claims made by the police departments who love to take all the credit for shit they didn't cause.

The 90's crime reduction was, simply, majorily due to the fact that 20 years earlier, Roe V Wade legalized abortion and an entire generation of unplanned/unwanted kids who would have grown up in troubled homes and rough neighborhoods simply weren't born and weren't there to commit crimes during their late teens/early 20's. Check the records, the crime rates of those less than 25 plummeted during that time, while the rates of those over 25 remained the same. The states where abortion was legalized before Roe V Wade, the crime rates accordingly dropped earlier than the rest of the country. And, in the states where abortion was not just legal, but easily available, there was a 30% difference in the crime drop between those states doing more abortions than those who were not.

So while those like Rudy Giuliani of New York, where crime had already dropped 30% before he took office, and others around the country parade around talking about how their "innovative policing strategies" and "tough on crime" stances are responsible for the drops in crime across the entire country, the reality of the situation is that, despite their bullshit claims and doublespeak, they simply took credit for what increased personal freedoms of women is responsible for.

My reason for typing all this is because you obviously have a misguided view on the way the world works and are one of the many indoctrinated with the infectious and ambiguous mindset of "Us Vs Them".

For instance, whenever someone is described as a "criminal", you likely immediately lessen their deserved rights or dignity in your mind, regardless of what their "crime" was, because that is irrelevant to you. They are "criminals", simply, and nuance and context is an uncomfortable inconvenience to you. You are probably susceptible to the business as usual politics in play and even the type of fabricated, or highly exaggerated rumors that flow through chain emails that are never verified by those spamming the internet with the nonsense.

If you aren't, then good on you, but a sickeningly large portion of America has their minds dulled and lack the critical thinking skills and desire for facts. Instead they choose to believe what they want to believe and eagerly take lies, half-truths, and talking point oneliners as evidence for their belief system.

Please do tell any secrets you know of Lulzsec. Really, I beg of you; We're all dying to know.

When one is used up, just reach into the cell and pop a fresh one. If they use them rationally, they can last a very long time.

What the fuck does this even mean? I literally have no idea what you are attempting to communicated, though I do suspect you have a fascination with prison rape and gleefully support it, you disgusting sack of shit.

Back