Luke warm Microcenter 8320e 50ar

rhansen5_99

2[H]4U
Just a heads up Microcenter has 8320e and 8350s for $50 \ 70 At $30 b&m only.

Might be warm to upgrade an existing am3 board, also get $30 off an AMD board so if you have ryzen and want a different board maybe a deal

These are still good for Plex servers and VM type stuff

Not a bad deal for what they are. I have one I need to pull off a dead board and sell. I'd consider keeping it but AM3+ motherboards are drying up quick and I refuse to spend any real money on one.

Its not lukewarm when these heaters run hot. Winter is coming so I'd stock up on these bad boys.

Mine tops out at 45c with stock fan. A tad noisy but not too shabby. Makes 50 cents a day in my mining rig so it pays for itself and it's electricity.

Finding a decent motherboard new is the bigger challenge.

Mine is mining too, much to my disbelief it makes the same amount as my Ryzen 1700 with nicehash mining client. I did replace the stock heatsink with an AMD wraith cooler for some piece and quiet. I paid $115AR with asrock 970a 3.1 motherboard

two geforce 1080s with power target at 80% and this mining -- entire system is drawing 520 watts at the wall.

So this thread made me want to see what the deal was with my bad FX-8320e system. I assumed it was the motherboard, it had stopped posting months ago. But yesterday I pulled out the mobo (asrock 970m something), put it on the test bench with a loose ancient 350w Antec power supply and it fired right up. Maybe it was the power supply in the system, but it was spinning everything else up... curious.

So I guess I won't be running out to buy one of the last of these, since now I have a working spare, LOL.

Going to put it in something a little more permanent and torture it for a week. If it lives, I'll either put it back in rotation or sell it.

Its not lukewarm when these heaters run hot. Winter is coming so I'd stock up on these bad boys.
WTF? How do these run hot at stock?
My 8320 non-Es run perfectly comfortable at stock speeds.

We're not talking about an FX-9590 here...

Back