Lucky number 13? Slackware 13 is out...

Joe Average

Ad Blocker - Banned
http://www.slackware.com

After one of the most intensive periods of development in Slackware's history, the long awaited stable release of Slackware 13.0 is ready. This release brings with it many major changes since Slackware 12.2, including a completely reworked collection of X packages (a configuration file for X is no longer needed in most cases), major upgrades to the desktop environments (KDE version 4.2.4 and Xfce version 4.6.1), a new .txz package format with much better compression, and other upgrades all around -- to the development system, network services, libraries, and major applications like Firefox and Thunderbird. We think you'll agree that this version of Slackware was worth the wait. Also, this is the first release of Slackware with native support for the 64-bit x86_64 architecture! Major kudos to Eric Hameleers for all of his work, especially on the 64-bit port.

I remember when Slackware first got started so long ago. Haven't used it myself forever it seems, but I'm grabbing this one and throwing it in a VM to see how things have changed.

Since they got the ball rolling, it's nice to see they're still out there kicking ass...

Ive spent a week of my life submerging myself into slackware as my first serious install of linux..... and this is how they thank me. with a brand new release....

I just got everything working damnit!

Hooray slackware! :D
I'll be seeding this from work over the weekend (32/64 DVDs). Get them while their hot.

Yay! 12.2 botherd me! But i worked with it for days to get it working. I'm gonna try this on my laptop

I guess now would be a good time to start. Right before the semester gets hectic. Now if only I had a cd drive.

I got it installed replacing Ubuntu 9.04. I feel back at home again (I used Slackware from 8.0-10.0). Next step, getting it on my AAO-D150...

slackware, the best linux distro, getting to lucky number 13 is a trip....

now if only they'd get the new slackbook out, my linux world would be at bliss....

Back