Lube a Gateron Low Profile Switch?

Jellyfishpudding

Limp Gawd
Has anyone successfully lubed these switches? They are on the Keychron K1 V4. Mine are not hot swappable. Unlike traditional switches, there's no accessible recessed area when the switch is depressed. It looks like I should be able to pop out the colored portion that sits on the spring, lube the shaft, then reinsert it. I just don't want to break anything. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

switch.png

Did you end up trying it Jellyfishpudding ? How have you liked the K1 otherwise? I'm looking for good reviews.
I really liked it at first. But it felt like the keys were increasingly stiffening as I used it. That could just be the one I got. Anyway, I returned it simply because I missed standard switches too much. But the K1 is indeed a solid, if not the most efficient, low profile board. Anyone looking for one should probably not bother with any other model.

I really liked it at first. But it felt like the keys were increasingly stiffening as I used it. That could just be the one I got. Anyway, I returned it simply because I missed standard switches too much. But the K1 is indeed a solid, if not the most efficient, low profile board. Anyone looking for one should probably not bother with any other model.
I’m more or less looking to get it when it gets back in stock. Full sized 104 keyboard with browns in low profile for $90 is hard to beat. And that’s without using a 10% off coupon which are more or less constantly floating around.
Theres a notice on Keychrons site that theyre moving and will resume shipping on October 9th. I’m hoping at that time their stock will “return”.

I'm really interested to see if anyone followed up with lubing these low profile switches and what their experience with it was. I just lubed the Gateron low profile reds that came with my Nuphy air75 and they're so buttery smooth now. Almost too much thocc...

Last edited:
Back