LSI SAS - MPT Bios Fault

jim82

Weaksauce
Hi all,

Upgraded my SuperMicro X9SCM-F mobo, with the latest BIOS.

After that I can only get one of my two LSI SAS 1068e HBA adapters to run at a time.

Individually they run fine, but when both are inserted, the following message appears:

x9scm-f_error.jpg

I've tried every possible BIOS setting, but to no luck.

The SAS cards are originally Dell SAS/6i cards, now flashed with LSI IT firmware, but they've been working fine for ages, before I updated/reset the motherboard BIOS. I found a description on a Dell bulletin, my error refers to:

Code:
Fault 10: No memory mapped I/O address assigned.

But I have no idea what that means.

Any help appreciated, thanks.
/Jim

Last edited:
Wow, how lucky you are for me to have seen this. This exact same thing happened to me with the exact same motherboard after upgrading to the exact same BIOS with the same exact SAS card, just 3 days ago!

Long story short:

1. Take out all but one SAS card
  2. Reflash the latest IT firmware (P14) by following these instructions exactly: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/29059-sas2008-lsi92409211-firmware-files/
  3. Make sure you do not install the BIOS for the card
Hint: Use the EFI shell to flash the new firmware, you will not encounter the PAL error you would normally get in DOS.

My heart sank after I upgraded my BIOS and saw these errors since Google suggest that the card were bricked, but all three cards came back to life after reflashing.

Thanks so much for writing this. Unfortunatly the website you link to has been down all day :(

Meanwhile I've tried:

1) Deleteting the SAS cards Firmware and BIOS completely
2) Re-flash without any BIOS installed, to newest firmware P21.
3) Re-flash with BIOS installed, also from newest MPTSAS.ROM
4) Re-flashed to older firmware and BIOS
5) Tried disabled "Load option ROM" in the Supermicro BIOs.

Nothing seems to work. When BIOS on the HBA's is not present, my OS reports MPT-misconfiguration error on the 2nd HBA.

Kinda lost, any input appreciated.
/Jim

Wow, how lucky you are for me to have seen this. This exact same thing happened to me with the exact same motherboard after upgrading to the exact same BIOS with the same exact SAS card, just 3 days ago!

Long story short:

1. Take out all but one SAS card
  2. Reflash the latest IT firmware (P14) by following these instructions exactly: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/29059-sas2008-lsi92409211-firmware-files/
  3. Make sure you do not install the BIOS for the card
Hint: Use the EFI shell to flash the new firmware, you will not encounter the PAL error you would normally get in DOS.

My heart sank after I upgraded my BIOS and saw these errors since Google suggest that the card were bricked, but all three cards came back to life after reflashing.

What other PCI or PCIe cards are inserted in the motherboard right now? Pull out anything BUT the video and 1 SAS card, and also disable anything on the board you are not using in the BIOS.

No other cards.

But all fixed now. For some reason, flashing the same firmware as they had previously AND enabling support for loading OPROM for non-supported devices in the BIOS, solved the problem. :D:D:D

Sorry that the site is down, but it's back up now. I guess I'm just glad you got it all working again. I deleted the BIOS on the cards to make it boot faster, you may want to look into that.

On the Supermicro boards you have the option to not run the Option ROM of the cards which achieves the same effect.

Back