LSI 3041E-R UEFI support on a P67 board?

halcyon

Gawd
Hi all-
I just installed a LSI 3041E-R HBA and am unable to get it to boot into its configuration bios, I think the UEFI on my Asus P67 board is stopping it from working. I tried flashing it with its latest bios, but this didn't change the situation. When I run sasflash -listall it does show the card lacking an EFI-BSD, does anyone know the procedure on how to load this onto the card? I've seen EFI-BSD files on LSI's website but I can't find documentation on using them.

Thanks!

on your board, press f8 during the bios splash screen to pick your boot device. when the card appears and asks you to hit ctrl+h or whatever it is for config, hit it.

when that happens, your board will then popup a boot prompt asking you what device you want. pick the LSI one. see if that helps. I'm either way off or dead on.

Good call, I was expecting it to just show the drives attached on the boot menu, but when I had told the card to enter its config, then had the bios show the boot options, an option for "PCI OPTION BOOT (something something)" was there and it loaded the card's config right up.

Thanks!

Back