LPT header on motherboard?

manini

Limp Gawd
Ok so I still live in the stone age and my trustly ol HP Laserjet printer connects via a parallel port connection (IEEE 1284) and the mobo i bought (like all new ones) does not have a external parallel port. However, directly on the board, there is an LPT header (like usb header but 2x more pins) , and my question is, what do i need to connect to that so i can hook up my printer, and where can I get?

I found a cable+bracket at CablesToGo that looks like it would do the trick. (No clue how good or bad they are, but stuff like that is hard to find.) Just make sure that the end that connects with the motherboard matches the pins on your motherboard first.

mmm thanks for the link... looks like they wont have any till end of april... anyone else know where these can be found?

Aww man, i wish i had seen this sooner. I actually just bought this a few hours ago after scrounging around on the net...

http://shop2.outpost.com/product/257247?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

but i wish i had seen your post sooner :( your's comes with a bracket and is cheaper :) Anyway, thanks for the link. I'm sure it will help someone else out there.

Back