LoZ: TP for Gamecube?

Opinions? I don't really want to jump on the Wii bandwagon, do you think the game will be as just as good for gamecube?

It should be 95% the same. Apart from the control scheme, I imagine that the game might look slightly better on the Wii.

I just hope Nintendo didn't downgrade the GC version on purpose to make the Wii version seem superior. They already delayed the GC version a couple of times even though its done just so they can sell more Wii's.

The only downside is that unless you have a non-platinum GC, you get no progressive :( Different controls, but I think as far as Zelda goes that is just a matter of taste.

I've played it on Wii and having played and beaten every Zelda game numerous times all but Majora's Mask since A Link to the Past, I'd say I think I'd probably prefer using the traditional controller. There are a few things that you probably won't be able to do on the GC version, and I'm positive that fishing won't be quite the same, but I assure you it will be an excellent game.

Actually I have a gamecube with the input for component ;) But no HDTV so bit of a waste :(

Yeah, I was hoping the graphics would be good, think I shall invest after all...

Wait, only the black/blue cubes allow for component? I didn't know that. I've got a black one but I never bought component cables for it (always had an SDTV).

My understanding is that it should be the same game, minus the left/right handed issue. This is the version I plan on getting as I don't really feel like buying a Wii for just Zelda.

I think that it won't do 480P or 16:9, but otherwise is the same game. The Wii version offers no graphical improvements other than that.

kabob983 said:
Wait, only the black/blue cubes allow for component? I didn't know that. I've got a black one but I never bought component cables for it (always had an SDTV).
DOL-001 (IIRC) model cubes have the Digital out. I think all Platinums were of the newer -002 variety, and therefore lack the Digital port.

quadnad said:
I think that it won't do 480P or 16:9, but otherwise is the same game. The Wii version offers no graphical improvements other than that.
In all likelihood, you'll have to do the same thing that had to be done for Wind Waker and every other progressive GC game: hold down B whilst starting up, and then change the AR if the game offers it. It would be a dick move on Nintendo's part to strip that from the GC version.

movax said:
In all likelihood, you'll have to do the same thing that had to be done for Wind Waker and every other progressive GC game: hold down B whilst starting up, and then change the AR if the game offers it. It would be a dick move on Nintendo's part to strip that from the GC version.

According to the back of my Wii Zelda box, 16x9 is only on the Wii. I think part of the reason for this was the processing power of the Gamecube..

movax said:
DOL-001 (IIRC) model cubes have the Digital out. I think all Platinums were of the newer -002 variety, and therefore lack the Digital port.

Hrm, I didn't know that. I bought one the year they came out, so I suppose I have an -001 variant. I've always played it on an SDTV though so component cables wouldn't have made a difference anyways...

kabob983 said:
Hrm, I didn't know that. I bought one the year they came out, so I suppose I have an -001 variant. I've always played it on an SDTV though so component cables wouldn't have made a difference anyways...

Even on an SDTV component cables make a noticeable difference over composite.

kabob983 said:
Hrm, I wouldn't have thought it'd make much of a difference...

Essentially, component separates the video into 3 different signals, so its much sharper and the colors are more defined. Svideo carries 2 signals and composite carries 1.

Spaceman_Spiff said:
Essentially, component separates the video into 3 different signals, so its much sharper and the colors are more defined. Svideo carries 2 signals and composite carries 1.
Yep. Even component w/out progressive scan (on games like Warioware that don't have progressive scan) looks tons better. Composite combines all the signals, S-Video splits into Y/C (Luma/Chroma) and Component does Y/Pb/Pr (Luma and two Chroma channels).

Looks like I'm achieving my goal, learn a little something new every day. Thanks for the info!

I take it it's pretty much impossible to find component GC cables nowadays, eh?

kabob983 said:
Looks like I'm achieving my goal, learn a little something new every day. Thanks for the info!

I take it it's pretty much impossible to find component GC cables nowadays, eh?

You can find them, they're just upwards of $50.

Even S-Video makes a noticeable difference over composite, imo.

Yeah, I see them on ebay, cheapest one I saw was $50 + shipping...ick. I'll pass, my Gamecube days are very few and far between...

It will be a good game on the gamecube, but after playing it on Wii with the new control scheme I wouldn't go back.

Back