lowest u made,,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.

air2k5

[H]ard|Gawd
well, this is not the right place to post this, but ive always wanted to ask [H] members, what is teh lowest you have made working per hour?

:p i see some of you guys getting an upgrade from a64 3700 to 4000 from 6600gt to 6800gt, well, whats the lowest youve made an hour?
mine is $5.75 workign at mcdonalds :mad:

$5.15 work as a "Student Technical Consultant" aka Help Desk Grunt. Man that sucked. Trying to pay for college, car, and all the other stuffs while making minimum wage.

see that sticky about subscription access that's ontop of EVERY forum and subforum? in there is where o/t threads like these go.

so, go pay, and enjoy genmay ;)

5.25 at Movie Gallery (fake Blockbuster)

.....as an assistant manager!!!!!!!!

Worst company to work for...evar!

(cf)Eclipse said:
see that sticky about subscription access that's ontop of EVERY forum and subforum? in there is where o/t threads like these go.

so, go pay, and enjoy genmay ;)

QFTT

HTPC Rookie said:
60 cents an hour, barbacking at The Lions Den in Colorado Springs, Colorado, circa 1977.

wow, you got the shaft didnt you? i barbacked for 2 years, and have been bartending for the last 2.

how much % of tips did you get at the end of the night? I usually got 8-10% of what the bartenders got, maybe more if they felt i deserved it. but i still got 8/hour ontop of that. Now i make 4/hour to bartend, but that doesnt include the tips i make.

Aku12 said:
wow, you got the shaft didnt you? i barbacked for 2 years, and have been bartending for the last 2.

how much % of tips did you get at the end of the night? I usually got 8-10% of what the bartenders got, maybe more if they felt i deserved it. but i still got 8/hour ontop of that. Now i make 4/hour to bartend, but that doesnt include the tips i make.

I was 16 at the time...it was 1976 -1977..legally not even supposed to be in the building. It was owned by a 'sort of ' girlfriend's father, basically he let me work just to get me out of my house. I did tune-ups on cars in his parking lot (Rustic Hills Mall in case Steel Chicken reads this thread), made quite a bit more doing that. And he served pizzas (of course free for me). :D

gotcha.. that's most interesing
i think it's time for me to create my own acronym, just because i'm bored :p

oh yeah. $8.00 an hour, lifeguard

$3.00/hr as a waitress in a night club in my home town.

i had a lady have the nerve to give me a 50 cent tip. i gave it back to her and told her she needed it more than i did.

$6.45 as a CAD drafter at an architecture firm in high school, but instead of an A64 I did that job to get a 2nd Celeron and more ram for my BP6 and then to get my Voodoo5 5500... I know what I'm diggin out after work :D My how the times have changed!

$7.50 at Banana Republic. Got a raise to $7.76 after like 4 or 5 months. Then went to school, now I'm back to working at $8.50. Gonna transfer to a store near school, and I should get a raise to at least $9.

But I'm starting my own PC Repair business and I'll be making $40 an hour =)

$5.35 a hour being a stockman at Hobby Lobby, for all of about 5 months in 1996 :)

I lived in North Cal so the cost of living is much higher than what someone could possibly live under at the bare minimum wage (you're lucky to get a studio apt in northern CA for less than $1600 a month..)

The lowest would probably be working for Noah's Bagels for $7.25 an hour, I was 16 at the time so no big deal...

Second lowest would be $7.50 working as a dishwasher at some small health food co-op... A week after working there I got a call from another large grocery chain and they hired me on for $9.75 an hour to work as a cashier. Good thing as well because I was about to go ballistic working as a dishwasher. I don't think there is a worse job than washing dishes, by hand, for 8 hours straight...

I now make about $11-12.50 part time at my own leisure (recovering from disability and recent surgery) but living in Oregon a wage like that is like being rich compared to Northern CA.

way to make a stupid thread, russian. im surprised it isnt shut down yet :p 5....4....3....2....

anyways, $6.50/hour at TLC Systems. local computer shop.

Dudeyourlame said:
$6.00 at Mc Donalds.. I don't work there anymore.
hah u liked working there? i am looking for a new job and i quit over the phone 2 days ago, my manager made me come saying:
"You are one of ou best emloyees, now u cant quit, im giving u a huge raise"
i stayed , guess what my raise was???? .10cents :(

I don't... Saved up for the A64 ever since they were first announced in 2003... Got enough money this spring and I bit...

TSS Modder said:
way to make a stupid thread, russian. im surprised it isnt shut down yet :p 5....4....3....2....

anyways, $6.50/hour at TLC Systems. local computer shop.

andy........................oh quit whining

0/hr volunteering at a pre-school...

Besides that, 6.50/hr at a radio filter company.

Most is about 80/hr fixing up a family friend's computer. Funny thing is, I didn't ask to be payed, just given the money for a good job.

$7.15 working at a public library. Later I became a union representative for ALL the parttime employees. Went to a meeting where the union was deciding what to give precedence in the new contract negotiations after they'd signed sheets allowing me to vote on their behalf (which was, at the time allowed under the union rules). When I first said that it was important that the parttimers got a raise, they chuckled. When I told them that I alone could cast more votes than the rest of room combined, I got shocked looks from everyone.

After than negotiation, we saw a $2.50 raise over the course of a year and a bit, and the section of the union rules that I exploited got changed :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back