Low Windows Performance Index...6.0 (Dual 7970's)

Theultimateeye

Limp Gawd
Ever since i decided to crossfire these 7970's it's been nothing but disappointment. I got a low 3dmark11 score of 13,320. Windows Perfomance Index is showing 6.0 on the graphics score. I erased all the drivers and re-installed brand new ones. Any other tips? I feel like i just wasted 400 dollars. There's only a few games i've noticed that benefit from these cards at 2560x1440 and that's Sleeping Dogs, Far Cry 3 (debatable), and Crysis 3. I don't know what else to do...

Ouch...I get a 7.9 WPI score with 3 6970s...I would imagine that a pair of 7970s would be better...What kind of scores were you getting with a single 7970?

You need to do a clean driver install. Use a driver sweep tool to cleanly remove your drivers then reinstall freshly.

That's exactly what i did. Removed all the drivers, then re-installed them. I'm guessing i didn't do it correctly. Do you have a link you could provide that shows how to completely remove all drivers? ANY help would be greatly appreciated. I'm playing Crysis 3 now and getting 30-40 fps is driving me nuts after spending about a grand in video cards.

Power settings maybe. Raise to 20% in CCC....Check usage and PCI-E speed with GPU-z as well. Disable ulps too. I have 2 7970s. I feel your pain.

13k 3dmark seems normal. Your windows score isn't normal though, but 3dmark proves that your crossfire is working.

What version of windows do you have?

I have an I7 [email protected] with 2x 7950.
I think with the 7950 running on default clocks 800/1250 I get around 13500, if I overclock my cards to 1100/1400 I get around 14500.
I will confirm that when I get home after work.

Yeah, most assuredly your WEI should be higher. I get 7.9s for graphics in Windows 7, and 8.1 in Windows 8 (I think it was, no longer running it to check though), at stock speeds with a single 7970.

Thanks for the replies guys. I found a "how-to" online to completely remove all drivers and it worked. First i obviously uninstalled the driver from the control panel then went into every folder possible and erased anything that said AMD or ATI. After that i re-installed the new drivers. My score is now 14,435. I was expecting more but it's a nice little increase and noticed the fps increase especially in Crysis 3.

Back