Low voltage Mobile chips desguised as true Newcastle chips?

SparkedFire

[H]ard|Gawd
ok guys. i have pondered this for some time. if you look at the difference between the 1.2volt "Mobile" A64 chips and compare it to the same DTR chip, notice the difference in core size. This makes me think that the low voltage mobile chips are true newcastles. If you up the vCore to 1.5volt, can you get the CPU to 3500+, 3800+ or higher speeds? This makes me very curious as the chip is in a 754 pin package which makes for immediatly available mobo's and the much lower cost for cheap "super" overclockers. what are your thoughts. compare the pics below.

Newcastle

clawhammer

Noting that you did get your pics from newegg, why didn't you read the chip specs? They tell you outright that the true mobile lower voltage/wattage chips are newcastle with 512k Cache, and that the DTR chips are 1mb cache hammer cores.

If you up the vCore to 1.5volt, can you get the CPU to 3500+, 3800+ or higher speeds?

Thats ~2400-2500mhz....on 1.5v

Haven't seen a mobile THAT AMAZING

monkeysofthebutt:
"im sure newegg really enjoys you stealing bandwidth"
-i'm sure they'll get over it.

dewhite
"Noting that you did get your pics from newegg, why didn't you read the chip specs..."
-Too lazy to look that up.

bleed3r
"Thats ~2400-2500mhz....on 1.5v
Haven't seen a mobile THAT AMAZING"

-I havn't seen anybody use these newcastle mobiles to find that out.

Tedinde
"Deja Vu???"
-either there is a glitch in the matrix, or you visit XS Forum. Not everyone visits more than one forum.

lets just stick to the topic :rolleyes:

SparkedFire said:
monkeysofthebutt:
"im sure newegg really enjoys you stealing bandwidth"
-i'm sure they'll get over it.

dewhite
"Noting that you did get your pics from newegg, why didn't you read the chip specs..."
-Too lazy to look that up.

bleed3r
"Thats ~2400-2500mhz....on 1.5v
Haven't seen a mobile THAT AMAZING"

-I havn't seen anybody use these newcastle mobiles to find that out.

Tedinde
"Deja Vu???"
-either there is a glitch in the matrix, or you visit XS Forum. Not everyone visits more than one forum.

lets just stick to the topic :rolleyes:

Im only having some fun SparkedFire. I've got the NF3 MSI 250gb board coming today. with a pair of 3000 newcastles, and a mobile 3000 coming in tomorrow.

I'll "forum review" it @ 3 different sites. Everyone's question is, Will the mobile work with the MSI?? but they dont want to blow the money to find out.

I've "pondered" like crazy over the 1.2v mobile chips. Once cranked up they will use the same watts as the 1.4 v mobiles. Plus i want the 1mb cache. and a some more multi.

That 2800+ 1.2volt is cheap. But the 8x multiplier is gonna take a lot of FSB!!!! hell even 300fsb is only 2.4ghz.

So which "new" chip are you going to roll the dice on and which board??

SParkedFire, change those img tags please. No direct images, post them as inline links.

Back