Low scores with 260...

slackerjack

Weaksauce
I'm at a loss. I did a step-up to a EVGA 260 from a 8800GTS 512 and my 3DMark06 score only went up 200 points. My Vantage score looks way low too. Any ideas?

6400+
EVGA 260GTX
8MB DDR 800
Vista Home Premium 64

3DMark06 - 11770
Vantage - 6765

Did a fresh install of drivers after the card swap out. Using 177.41. Either something is amiss (i think) or I'm getting bottlenecked somewhere. I didn't notice any performance gains on CoD4 either and that was my main reason for doing the step-up.

Couple of things. One, 3Dmark is worthless. Two, are you running with V-sync? You won't notice a difference in FPS if you have v-sync on.

Also what are the rest of your system specs? :)

I know, 3D is worthless, however I expected some type of jump in my CoD4 frames, and so far they look exactly like they did with my GTS.

Motherboard ASUS M2N SLI Deluxe
Thermaltake 750W PS
Maxtor 250GB HD

I know, 3D is worthless, however I expected some type of jump in my CoD4 frames, and so far they look exactly like they did with my GTS.

Motherboard ASUS M2N SLI Deluxe
Thermaltake 750W PS
Maxtor 250GB HD

Are you running v-sync?

if it feels the same as your 8800 start applying higher AA/AF to see how much that 260 can stand.

Also what resolution are you playing at?

GTX260 isn't that much faster than an 8800GTS 512. Maybe your CPU is a bottleneck?

I was going to say maybe your cpu, although I am not dissing it is possibly holding you back a bit. If your cpu is not oc'd see if your scores go up with a little oc'ing.

His CPU is AMD of unknown model, so that is probably bottlenecking.

His CPU is AMD of unknown model, so that is probably bottlenecking.

Its an AMD 6400+ Blackbox. I think its my CPU and motherboard. I've had nothing but issues with both, and have RMA'd both once each already. I see an Intel processor and new motherboard in my very near future.

Its an AMD 6400+ Blackbox. I think its my CPU and motherboard. I've had nothing but issues with both, and have RMA'd both once each already. I see an Intel processor and new motherboard in my very near future.

that should not be holding you back. not that an upgrade would not be nice but @ 3.2gh even an X2 should not be a bottle neck at your resolution.

Back