Low profile ram options? Vengence 1.35v worth it?

eatkabab

Limp Gawd
So I'm going to need some low profile (just not a tall heat sink) RAM. Just basic DDR3 1600 but looking for something that I can possibly push a little to 1800 or lower timings a notch.

I've searched around and just for super safety sake, I would like to stay within 1.5v since I'm using an i5-3570k. ASUS P8Z77-I DELUXE Motherboard

Vengence 1.35v
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233199

I think maybe since it's rated at 1.35v I can push it to 1.5 and have more room to play around with settings. Am I right? or should I just go for the standard 1.5v or another brands offering. Probably G.Skill if anything else.

Advise greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
-Bob

Wow I just completely skipped over those because of the slow timing. Seems they're significantly under rated from Samsung. Thank you very much!

Should I add heat spreaders? Do they do anything? I feel like they're just for looks but don't actually improve any cooling; might actually make it worse if the interface between the RAM/metal is poor.

Rule of thumb: The less macho the name of the RAM, the higher quality it is.

The quality of your TV is inversely proportional to the attractiveness of the woman on the box it came in.

How about this kit? Would two kits (four sticks) cause any clearance problems with a Hyper 212 EVO cooler on a Z77 mobo?

Last edited:
Back