Low Profile PVR?

Aku12

Gawd
Ok, i thought i had my build all planned out. I dont have everything ordered but i have a working computer, so i decided to get going and install Fedora and MythTV just to play around with it.

While reading I heard that the PVR-150 isnt supported in MythTV but the 250/350 are. But the case i planned to buy needs low profile cards. I couldnt find a 250 in low profile.

What are your guys' recommendations on cards ourside of Hauppage?

I wish MythTV had a more organized documentation or at least a Forum instead of a mailing list so i could just go read on this.

Thanks for any help.

There is support for the pvr 150 but as of a few weeks back when I was playing around with my pvr-150 low profile there was no support for the PVR-150 MCE. Not sure if the low profile version comes in anything other then an MCE so be very careful when ordering your card to make sure its not an MCE. In fact stay away from the MCE's of any version since they seem to just have a ton more problems in general.

you are speaking about under Linux I assume. there are tons of people using the MCE versions with various MS OS's with no problems.

so im still in a pickle here, im guessing i should just give in and buy the full size case. I just like the look of the smaller ones and they are like 40 bucks cheaper.

but just to make sure, PVR-150MCE + Linux = Bad?

I didn't have issues running my 250MCE with Linux and the feedback I've heard is that the PVR150 series cards work very well now with the current driver release. Give it a try I'd say.

i guess ill take a shot at it, and if all else fails ill have to fork out some more cash for meedio and sage.

Back