Low Profile Card w/ HDMI for Audio

Cmustang87

Supreme [H]ardness
I need a recommendation for a video card. It needs to be low profile so I can install on an Optiplex 780 workstation.

This is what I'm interested in:

We are currently using rapid run cabling and also running audio cables. We are trying to cut out the workload by eliminating running 2 cables.

I need the video card to work Low Profile, have HDMI out for audio, but I need to be able to have dual display. If it has HDMI on it and DVI can I use both of them for dual display? What is a card that will do this for me?

It needs to have at least 256MB of VRAM. I was looking at some of the ATi 4350's.

Thanks!

Any low-profile Radeon 4350, 4550, and 5450 card with DVI and HDMI output should do what you want.

Can I dual display 1 monitor with VGA and the other HDMI?
What dr.stevil said. Also, some cards ship with a second low-profile bracket that allows you to connect the VGA output on the card directly.

I recently got an Asus EAH4350 SILENT/DI/512MD2(LP) as a spare since it was dirt cheap. It's got HDMI, DVI, and VGA on both the regular and lo-pro brackets. The huge heatsink will take up the next slot, even though the regular bracket is single-slot.

I installed it in an old Optiplex GX280 SFF for crunching. With only the blower fan on the CPU heatsink and the PSU fan (both exhaust), it would get up to about 92°C. I simply removed the 4350's bracket completely and it dropped about 20°C, since that became the main air intake pulling fresh air in over the card.

Seeing as you can get audio out of the DVI port on a videocard of course you get audio out of the gfx cards HDMI port.

ATI have been able to do this since the 2xxx series.

Definitely go ATI if you want less hassle for an HTPC... 3450 I had worked perfect... Low profile + HDMI onboard w/ audio.

Back