Low-profile/90* PCI-e power adapter... anyone seen one?

DuronClocker

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm looking to replace my 1GB GTX 460 with a Radeon 7870 (unless the 660Ti comes out first and persuades me that way..), and it looks like all of the manufacturers so far have the PCI-e power connectors on the side of the card as opposed to the back of the card (like the GTX 460 and Radeon 5850).

Problem is my case doesn't leave me much clearance on the side of the card, and there is no way I could plug in a standard connector and close the case. I need some sort of slim 90* angle adapter.

Does anything like this exist, or am I going to have to hack up some cables and connectors to make something work?

It's probably better to find that video card with the connection where you want them to than to find an adapter for it. I'm sure there is probably a right angle one out there, but hard to find.

just take the connecter off of the end of pci-e cable from the psu and plug the wires in(make note of where they go first). insulate with electrical tape. if you don't have much room, i doubt they would fall out.

Back