Low priced video cards

Cally

Limp Gawd
I don't believe you get something for nothing. I also don't believe the number of web sites offering high end cards for $ 150-$400.
These sites say in stock when no one else has cards in stock. Delivery within 7 days. Sites offering Paypal, Visa and other card transactions.
Are there people really believing this and actually placing orders?
One site had over 2700 orders with no stock and none expected soon. Yet you had to prepay and wait it out. Yea right

Last edited:
Scammers are low lifes. Paypal must be tired of them showing their banner and having to do chargebacks.

I am no longer surprised at peoples stupidity. Really I’m not. I won’t blame pc gamers only. I’ve seen what some scalpers and miners were dumb enough to do and believe. It’s sad actually.

Who would have thought we’d get to the point that we have to question good prices on [H] fst forums because people are being hacked to sell video cards…. Just blows my mind.

I am glad they don't have our phone numbers so we don't get texted to death.

i bought a 700$ rx5700 off ebay at 3:00 a.m. a few weeks ago, i was tired, but i still did look at basic fraud triggers. the listing looked VERY legit. lots of pictures, backgrounds all matched. looked to be a home office set up. Good description about the card. Well written with out using trigger phrases. all was good.
nope total scammer. Ebay did not even catch it as a scam listing. Google reverse image did not find any of the pictures. i had to trudge through 3 months worth of ebay listings to find another scam listing with the same images, and also forward tracking info showing whatever they shipped, did not even come to my state.

GOOD TIMES!

i bought a 700$ rx5700 off ebay at 3:00 a.m. a few weeks ago, i was tired, but i still did look at basic fraud triggers. the listing looked VERY legit. lots of pictures, backgrounds all matched. looked to be a home office set up. Good description about the card. Well written with out using trigger phrases. all was good.
nope total scammer. Ebay did not even catch it as a scam listing. Google reverse image did not find any of the pictures. i had to trudge through 3 months worth of ebay listings to find another scam listing with the same images, and also forward tracking info showing whatever they shipped, did not even come to my state.

GOOD TIMES!
Ooof. Were you able to get your money back in a timely manner?

Ooof. Were you able to get your money back in a timely manner?

still processing, probably will be about 30 days from 'hey this is a fraudulent listing' to 'o.k. here is a refund from our buyer protection case.'

I sure hope you got your money back. # months is a long time to wait for a refund. And it is on the consumer to prove this I guess?

still processing, probably will be about 30 days from 'hey this is a fraudulent listing' to 'o.k. here is a refund from our buyer protection case.'
Kind of why I just do facebook market place and in person pick up at my picking .. I sold my RX 5700 like that and we talked it over on a price we both agreed to which was $700 , Sold my RX 570 8Gb there also but I shipped it to them and it's better for a seller as ebay fees are like fleas eating at you.

I don't do FB but the market place seems like a good site to buy/sell on.

I don't do FB but the market place seems like a good site to buy/sell on.

It’s about the only thing I’ve used it for or when I’m checking out HOA happenings. It almost killed Craigslist here seemingly overnight when it went live.

I got my 2080ti stupidly cheap on it recently. Do see other legitimate looking deals as well from time to time. Can take some digging to weed out the scams and to ignore a bunch of the scalping as well.

Market place is full of scalpers. I try to not spend too much time there. I get pissed off on how low people are scalping electronics. Not just gpus

Market place is full of scalpers. I try to not spend too much time there. I get pissed off on how low people are scalping electronics. Not just gpus
Sad to say. Now is not a good time to need any PC components or electronics. Try to be happy with what you have. Or at least, make do.

Offer up is full of scammers too. Tried a couple times and only got idiots with crap like "hey my bank card isn't working can we use zelle?"

Back