Low FPS in Mirror's Edge

Vague

Limp Gawd
Purchased on Steam on Monday

I have a q6600 and 8GB memory with a radeon 4850

At certain points on a map the frame rate drops extremely low. I don't know how to measure them exactly but it's completely unplayable. Certainly less than 10 fps.

This happens in more than one place during the game

I've disabled AA and PhysX. My video card and chipset drivers are up to day. Most of the solutions I've seen say to disable PhysX and that usually solves the problem.

Any ideas?
TIA

Wow, some has the exact same problem as me when I played the game way back at launch. Did you try messing with your Catalyst AI settings?

Had your issue with your exact system a while back, but for me it just turned out to be the PhysX killing it. Don't know what to tell you.

Same for me with a 4870X2... Disabled Catalyst AI, no effect. Drivers 9.3, 9.8, 9.10, 9.11 do nothing.

I have a hunch that is a phys X issue, I'm not sure how they ported that with ATI

I had this problem, and it was PhysX related. I uninstalled PhysX, and then re-installed it and that fixed the problem. It happened to me when glass started shattering.

I had this problem, and it was PhysX related. I uninstalled PhysX, and then re-installed it and that fixed the problem. It happened to me when glass started shattering.

This is what fixed it. I uninstalled PhysX, then reinstalled by launching ME from Steam. Then I disabled PhysX and restarted the game and it works just fine.

Thanks for everyone weighing in.

This is what fixed it. I uninstalled PhysX, then reinstalled by launching ME from Steam. Then I disabled PhysX and restarted the game and it works just fine.

Thanks for everyone weighing in.

Leave your PhysX file on the desktop, because I had to uninstall and reinstall on 4 separate occasions while playing this game. It only takes a few minutes to do this though, and it's only for this game. Probably worth it. I had a blast with this game during the summer.

There are one or two extremely frustrating sequences, so watch out for those. I had to consult the Utube walkthrough to get past. At one point I was stuck for literally two hours in the same location.

Back