Love the controller, hate the drivers...

D3v01D

Gawd
Anyone know how to remove the Microsoft drivers for the 360 controller? I want to try the XBCD drivers but the MS drivers keep reinstalling themselves when I plug in the controller.

You need to delete the INF file for it. Go into the C:\Windows\INF folder and find the INF file for the controller. (at work, so I don't know what it's called) The next time you plug it in, it should ask you for the driver you want to install. You can be more thorough by finding the actual driver files too, but it's not really necessary.

What are those other drivers supposed to do for you anyway? I run the standard MS ones. (of course I'm also on 64bit Windows)

J3RK said:
What are those other drivers supposed to do for you anyway? I run the standard MS ones. (of course I'm also on 64bit Windows)

The one thing I'm interested in right now is they let you set a dead-zone for the sticks.

I'm gonna hunt for that .inf file now. Thank you.

Do they let you change the mode of the d-pad? (from POV hat, to standard axis) If so, I may try them out as well (provided they work on 64bit.) I have a couple of games that only allow a standard axis for movement control, so the d-pad doesn't show up.

These drivers look pretty cool. Unfortunately all the links to the 64 bit version are dead.

I'll see if I can find it when I get home.

O.K I got a handle on this thing now.

Anyone interested in using the XBCD drivers with their 360 controller can find help here.

Thank you for all your replies. :)

Back