Loud "Quiet" Corsair fans.

I bought a dual pack of 120mm Corsair Quiet LED Fans and they're running quite loud, it's not what I expected at all from fans advertised as "Quiet".

It also appears that the one at the back of the case in particular has an annoying hum to it.

Is there anything that can be done to make it better such as reinstalling the fans and seating them different maybe with rubberised mounts? They're screwed flush to the aluminium case so I was wondering if the sound is cause by the fan's vibrations transferring through the case making them more audible.

Many times the way a fan is mounted is the cause of noise, rather than the fan itself.
If it's just screwed directly into the case, that could be the reason for it.

That said, I was unimpressed with the Corsair quiet series fans that I bought, and replaced them all with Noctuas, which I have been a lot happier with.

How fast are they spinning?

I run 2 of Corsair's SP 120 Quiet Edition fans, pwm. They rarely go above 650 rpm, but even at 800-850 rpm, they're almost inaudible. So long as rpms are below that range, I wouldn't expect to hear your fans much (even if they aren't SP 120s), unless they're restricted intake fans. If they're spinning faster than that, any vibration or air noise may be due to rpm.

I'd get my ear close to them while they're running. If they're making a mechanical noise, I'd send them back.

Last edited:
A lot of people are not impressed by Corsair fans, they provide good static pressure, but their acoustics are not that great. Even Noctuas are not that quiet, compared to Corsairs, there are quite a few youtube videos demonstrating the sound of both fans.

I bought a few AP15s from OCN members and I can tell you that is a night and day difference in sound and performance.

Last edited:
Back