Lots of fans = custom splicing over adapters?

MadJuggla9

2[H]4U
I got my Antec 900 in and realized that I had a decision to make .... if I want this thing to be sleek then everything under the sun is going to be ran at the bottom and behind the mobo tray as their is plenty of room for some cabling back there.

One of the thing that stands out about the Antec 900, however, is the modularity with the bays. If I put these cables behind the mobo tray .... then I cant just yank a drive cage out, it will require dissassembly for a simple element. The other choice would be to keep cabling inside AND individual to each fan via molex connectors. Connectors take up space, especially 4-6 of them (Looks like they are running a train :D)!

Since I don't want the molex adapters saying hey to all of the viewers, I might as well splice every fan wire and run just wiring to the backside of the tray to keep all fan wiring 100% hidden and run some leads for power back there.

What do you guys do when the amount of molex connectors is a bit much to hide? Keep the connectors and smash them behind the mobo tray, use raw leads to splice for minimal wire showing? Even cable ties are a bit nasty for me .... to me it just says "Here's where the wiring USED to be nasty, now its smashed here".

I'll probably cut them but I have to wait a few days anyhow so I'm interested to see what has been done other than making it completely impractical and a PITA to remove shall any internal work need be done.

You would probably want to splice all the fan cabling, run custom cabling/power to them and undervolt them behind the motherboard. The Antec 900 is one loud SOB, and maybe that would help tone it down as well as clean it up.

Back