Lost video enhancements with 11.10

daglesj

Supreme [H]ardness
Just installed the latest 11.10 drivers for the 6450 in my work PC. All the previous drivers have given me access to all the video options such as edge enhancement/De Noise and even the Steady video.

They all worked fine.

Now though all those options are greyed out and not able to activate.

Anyone else found this? Have AMD decided to cut out the lesser cards for these treats?

If so its a rollback to 11.9.

Shouldnt be. They all worked with the standard full Catalyst install of 11.7/11.8/11.9.

Bizarre.

The options seem to work for me in 11.10
I have never used them before and don't plan on it now.

Disable "Enforce smooth video playback", voila!.

You're welcome.

P.S: All those options should never be meddled with by users anyways and should be always disabled. Most (read: nearly all) people have absolutely no idea what they do and even if they think they do applications do not have consistent behavior using identical settings. The best solution is to get actual high quality properly encoded source material rather than resorting to these driver hacks.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip, appreciate it.

As for the features well I've worked around digital video and am quite capable of understanding what the features do. Sometimes they help, when they don't, they get switched off.

As for making sure you "get actual high quality properly encoded source material rather than resorting to these driver hacks" well good luck in this compressed amateur video smartphone world we live in.

Back