Lost Planet End Boss Is Making Me Right Irritated

topslop1

2[H]4U
Am I the only retard here who is having trouble with the main boss on Lost Planet? First time I fought him I killed him but he would not die. He had no health what-so-ever yet he continued to fight.

Since after that I've tried to fight him about 15 times now and with no success. Very aggressive, run up and laser him, and when I get him down to about 1-2 hits left he'll finish me off somehow real quick...

How in the hell is this "supposedly very easy boss" killing me?

Please don't swear in thread titles - Slartibartfast

Am I the only retard here who is having trouble with the main boss on Lost Planet? First time I fought him I killed him but he would not die. He had no health what-so-ever yet he continued to fight.

Since after that I've tried to fight him about 15 times now and with no success. Very aggressive, run up and laser him, and when I get him down to about 1-2 hits left he'll finish me off somehow real quick...

How in the hell is this "supposedly very easy boss" killing me?

Hard to explain how to beat the guy. You really have to just use the "light swords" on the arms properly. If I recall correctly, you should hold down either the left or right trigger before you get to the mech, then release it once you get up close. Do this in succession with the left and right trigger.

I'm sure someone else will share their solutions, too.

deception``

i just charged in, and kept bouncing around him whacking away with the EMF blade.

I finally got the sucker... but here's what I did that made the difference. Instead of charing him head on, I dipped down a little, and I think I avoided his rockets that way, and then came up and hit him. He dropped that way. I can see how he is a very easy boss, he's just... annoying..

Oh and thank god I got this game as a rental.. I think I went through it in under 7 hours.

That boss took me like 15 tries too. Everytime I got him low on health he went apeshit and finished me off in a few seconds. I didn't do anything different when I finally killed him though, the AI just didn't kick in once so I stood in front of him and killed him in ~10 seconds.

I kept going in circles and doing the special sword swipe when I was close.

the end boss in LP is pretty easy, but fun at the same time, theres so much room to fly in and you have so many god damn weapons (with some cool ass swords)

i just charged from the bottom up hitting him from below with the swords, from there I could see when he was charging up his multi-lazer rifle that rapes my thermal and/or made a dash firing off his multitude of rockets

the green-eye fight was fucking bad ass though, thats got to be one of my favorite all time fights

I didn't like the end-boss, the rest of the bosses you could prevent getting hit; if you screw up, you're frozen and can't do anything but get hit...so you just don't screw up.

With this boss, he'll sit wide open, and when you use your blade on him, he'll leap away undamaged and pound you with his shots while you're still in your attack animation. What are you supposed to do about that? Not hit him? Thankfully most of the time it just hits him and lets you get away with it. As long as you dodge the other crap, those freebie hits don't happen often enough to kill you. Not that bad, it's just somewhat random. The rest of his attacks aren't hard to dodge at all.

The bosses in this game pissed me off like I haven't been pissed off in a long time. Half of them just shake the ground or whatever to stun you repeatedly, or just cause so much smoke/debris/carnage that you can see literally nothing on the screen. While you're completely defenseless they then proceed to take half your health. The overall gameplay is good which was the really frustrating thing for me.

Yep. Green Eye fight was the best boss fight of the entire game. When I went after the last guy I was convinced I would have to take out some stuff on the tower before I tried to kill him. Took two or three tries of blowing up everything I could on the tower before I realized it wasn't doing shit. Then I just charged him a bunch of times until I eventually killed him.

like everyoen said: Use the sword

Same shit happened to me. It's a glitch. You can get him down to almost no health but you HAVE to use the sword for the last hit.

Yep. Green Eye fight was the best boss fight of the entire game. When I went after the last guy I was convinced I would have to take out some stuff on the tower before I tried to kill him. Took two or three tries of blowing up everything I could on the tower before I realized it wasn't doing shit. Then I just charged him a bunch of times until I eventually killed him.

well, when you take out the tower completely he looses alot of weapons he can bring down, he does randomly grab one, they also shoot at you but rarely hit you, it is worthless to take it out as you waste alot of time taking it out and your thermal is being burned quickly!

that green eye fight had everything, that VS you were in at that point in time was like a dream machine, I wanted to fly all the time in that thing!

couple of pointers for that fight is if you hear him scream, jump and hover for a bit, if you are encased in ice don't move, and when he bombards you just sprint strafe backwards

This fight frustrated me to no end as well. I was only playing on Normal and I still found it maddening. Those lasers he gets towards the end would just rape me, and I simply could not dodge them forever. Eventually what I'd do is dance in and out of his maximum range hitting him with the swords ranged attack, but when he wouldn't die from those, I was forced to go in and hit him up close for the kill. The first time I got him down to 0 health, I didn't know I had to slash him to finish him and he just killed me. The second time I took a chance on it and it turned out to be the right thing, thank god.

Back