Lost Planet DX10 + Vista Ulimate x64 = no workie?

When I try to launch the LP DX10 demo, it says "This application has failed to start becuase d3dx10_33.dll was not found."

what gives - does vista automatically have dx10 installed, or do i need to download it from someplace?

I got the same error but DX 9 themed, it turns out I did not have a DX9 update from Microsoft that appears to been released in April 07. I remember hearing grumbling about games not being able to distribute Microsoft products like DX stuff or some such thing. So I went to Microsoft land DL'ed and installed it and was off to the races!

same thing happens to me, i get the same prompt w/ dx9 dll instead though. iono whats wrong. i've tried dx9 and 10 just to c if they'd work. neither work

i couldn't find an update just some runtime development stuff directx sdk which was released in apr 07 is that what ur talkin about?

It's common for games to come with the latest DirectX on the CD and part of the install process but quite often demos don't have this and you need to find it separately. Particularly in cases like this with demos using newer features.

i have ultimante x64 and works for me. so problem with something ur missing

Just install the Apr 2007 DirectX update. I'm running Vista 64 Ultimate and had the same issues.

fixed it. man i just beat both lvls this games grahpics are pretty awesome. i had to run a lotta settings on low though since i have 6800gs. but still pretty slick looking. can't wait for it to come out.:p

Back