lost password to my other comp... read.

Irishllama

[H]ard|Gawd
Ok I lost the password For my other comp, I can get on it and stuff. But i cannot acces the files from this computer since I need to login to do it. Is there any way i can get the password or change it? Since i am able to long on to the passworded computer?

Try booting into safe mode. If you forgot to add in an Administrator password, login as Administrator and remove the password from the user you want.

you can get to your files with a knoppix boot disk, or you can find the offline NT password reset cd/floppy and it will rewrite the password has to the SAM file, or you can copy the sam and crack it using john the ripper or cain and abel or 10phtcrack

Actually what I think is being asked is how to access a computer remotely as Guest.
Wild guess based on the above image.

And if I'm completely wrong -
http://ebcd.pcministry.com/

Assuming you have physical access to the computer in question you can burn the EBCD to disk (seems there is a new flash drive version as well, going to have to try that out) and by following the directions closely, simply reset the admin password to the device.

I've seen these wonderful tools that are loaded off boot cd's and can reset or change the password of any account. I've tried and tested in VMware, works well. Linux boot CD and ERD Commander. However, I haven't found anything that can create an account w/ admin rights. I don't mean resetting the administrator password and creating an account, I mean creating an account while the bootable image has loaded and is running. Possible?

MooCow said:
I've seen these wonderful tools that are loaded off boot cd's and can reset or change the password of any account. I've tried and tested in VMware, works well. Linux boot CD and ERD Commander. However, I haven't found anything that can create an account w/ admin rights. I don't mean resetting the administrator password and creating an account, I mean creating an account while the bootable image has loaded and is running. Possible?

... couple minutes of digging around and I found some information on the topic. Being the paranoid sort of git that I am I have to ask. Why would you need this funcationality?

Malk-a-mite said:
... couple minutes of digging around and I found some information on the topic. Being the paranoid sort of git that I am I have to ask. Why would you need this funcationality?

LoL No kidding..... sounds...well...way beyond an educational exercise.....

Ok ok I decline comment... no need to answer my question... /tip toes out of the room....

Back