Lost Original CD

Yes_sir21

Weaksauce
I lost my Battlefield: Bad Company 2 CD, but luckily i have my CD key.
Where can I download a legit copy ? Can I download it from steam and use my cd key ?

You can't download it from Steam or from other digital distribution services unless you own the game through one of them. However, the good news is that the serial number is linked to your account, so if you're able to get your hands on install media for the game in any way, you'll be good to go.

You may be able to register your CD key with Steam and if that works then you can download the game through Steam. I did the same with Mafia II, didn't buy it from Steam, was able to register the CD key to my Steam account and download the game.

If not, then there's always eBay or the FS/FT section here at H.

You should be able to register straight through EA can't you?

I was just in contact with EA support and they told me to download the game through EA download manger. Downloading in it. The funny thing that ab invalid code on the original CD saved me. And EA support had send a new CD key to my email email. Guess the guy who stole my games wont be able to play it. Now i have to contact Activision as well for Call of duty MW1, unfortunately they dont seem to have live support as EA does.

EDIT: Does someone now if steam can change the code for me ?

EDIT: Does someone now if steam can change the code for me ?
Why would Steam have anything to do with it? You bought a retail copy of the game. Steam doesn't support games sold outside their service unless they are Steamworks games or other games that can be activated through Steam (like Prey, for example).

Why would Steam have anything to do with it? You bought a retail copy of the game. Steam doesn't support games sold outside their service unless they are Steamworks games or other games that can be activated through Steam (like Prey, for example).
Its for another game, MW2 which is activated through Steam and bought from store.

I lost my Battlefield: Bad Company 2 CD, but luckily i have my CD key.
Where can I download a legit copy ? Can I download it from steam and use my cd key ?

The cool thing about EA is you can register your CD-KEY with their EA download manager. I always do that with my EA games. So if I ever lose them I can download them through the EA download manager. I don't have a direct link where I can find the current EA download manager. But I had it on my Dead Space 2 CD and installed it CD1. You might have to search the EA site for their download manager.

Back