Lost my manual, could I get some help? Ultra X4 1200W

flooberjobby

Limp Gawd
I have an Ultra X4 1200 Watt. I just recently purchased a XFX 295X2, and XFX 290X DD video cards.

The PSU can handle a max of 85A on the 12v Rails, it has 3 8 pin, and enough 6 pins to run them both.

But I'm wondering if it will actually be able to handle them both and all my hardware, or should I just go and purchase a new PSU?

The Video cards get in today. So I haven't had a chance to test them with it in person.'

Anyone have the manual for the PSU still? (mine was lost in a move.)

That is one very crap PSU man. I'd recommend replacing it. It probably will not handle your load at full bore. A 295X2 can suck down nearly 650w, and a 290x can pull nearly 325. That puts you are 975w just in Video cards, and the PSU maxes out at 1020w. That's a tall order on a mediocre unit at best. I wouldn't chance it.

Get rid of it. There's a very good Seasonic X-1250 for sale on Newegg right now, $140 after rebate.

Thanks guys. :)

Been out of the loops on PSU and PC hardware for a while. Old video card was diing on me so I upgraded.

This was the last PSU Ultra ever sent me for review. It dates from the days after the people who knew PSUs left the company.

Both units they sent me failed load testing. One wouldn't even do 750W. I think I still have the carcass of that one lying around somewhere. Never did find out what was wrong with it.

Probably best to just retire this one.

Back