Lost Dell Office disc, will trial work?

My work computer is a Dell that came with Office Home & Student 2007, I want to upgrade to Windows 7 and get rid of all this crapware but I cant find the Office disc that came with the computer.

I was able to track down a Home & Student trial and using "produkey" I grabbed the activation key. Has anyone activated a trial using an OEM key? Do I need an OEM disc to use an OEM key? Also I assume it will activate on a non-Dell version of Windows as long as its on Dell hardware correct?

I need Office for work and I cant risk upgrading to Windows 7 if I cant activate it, especially since I have no way of reverting back since I dont have the original discs.

I already filled out the replacement disc form but I dont know how long that will take or if the computer is still under warranty (its a little over 2 years)

They will not be able to send you the replacement CDs. You really need to get your current product key.

I got my current product key via Produkey, I just wanted to make sure it would work with the trial and didnt need a specific OEM disc

I install the Trial Package for Office Basic 2007 all the time and use the license on the OEM Package. It won't have any problems.

Back