Lost all my iTunes...Please Help!

Bloodgod42

Gawd
After i synced my touch, all the 700 songs in my iTunes library, as well as on the touch, have vanished. Not only that, as Im trying to rebuild my library itunes is only accepting ONE song at a time. When i originally set it up I was ablue to transfer entire cd's to it at one time.

Does ANYONE know what might be going on here???

Any help is appreciated.

I dont know whats going on but if you contact apple they will give you back ALL the songs...that you bought from them....this one time. I got back about 3000 songs when it happened.

These weren"t song i purchased from the iTunes store, just the 300 or so that i rip from cd. : /

Did you look in your "my music" folder ???

Is iTunes gone???

Did you ever back it up to a disc or portable HDD???

Did you look in your "my music" folder ???

Is iTunes gone???

Did you ever back it up to a disc or portable HDD???

The music that i ripped from cd to my hdd is still there. When I bought my touch originally and installed iTunes and synced it with my pc, all the songs on the hdd were transfered automatically, and whenever i ripped another cd after that and plugged my touch in to charge, it would import the new tracks over as well.

Now, all the songs from my touch are gone, and it doesnt auto sync my music, AND its only letting me put 1 song back on at a time...i have thousands, that is NOT a viable option.

Again, any help is appreciated.

if the files are still there, rebuild your playlist.

Although i'd also look at re-installing / updating itunes and then rebuilding to be on the safe side.

Try creating a new iTunes library (deleting the .xml file in your Music folder), or create a new one by holding down the option key when you launch iTunes. That *should* let you re-import your entire collection with the normal drag and drop method.

Thanks for your replies...I will try what B.W. & muzzle79 suggested...I'll let you know how it turns out. (Fingers crossed...I really dont want, nor have the time to import hundreds/thousands of songs 1 by 1)

Back