Lost Account Access and Passwords Changed

First post says what to do if you no longer have the access to an old email account.
Reading others experience about this exact problem would have helped too.
Kyle sorted mine out quickly.

It seems that all the folks that do not know how to read are showing up now. I swear I am about to off myself over these idiots. The school systems have failed us as so many need their hand held and be personally instructed of what exactly to do.

so did vBulletin just force a password reset on everyone or was it set that way by someone and nobody noticed or forgot about it?

so did vBulletin just force a password reset on everyone or was it set that way by someone and nobody noticed or forgot about it?

We use the system of password resets for admins, but it reset the PWs for EVERYONE. Dunno.

Thanks Kyle!
I have been with this forum for a long time and the first ISP email I used went under a long, long time ago.
Cant believe I waited so long to join the forum when I mostly just read the reviews. I remember buying IBM "frag tape" from this site to use on my Elsa ErazorIII after reading the reviews.

Not a bad thing to start off a new year with a new password!

the only good thing that comes with this, is that I change to a more secure password :D

thanks Kyle

Had some problems where the site wouldn't send to the original email I registered with. Big thanks to Kyle for straightening things out!

Ditto,

Kyle got me right back in (even though I was one of the idiots who didn't see the post)

:eek::eek::eek:

its not the schools !! its the parents and thay also for got to teach there kids Respect and manners aswell But this is a tech website and we should not be here judging people ! and it needs to be left at home but who am i to judge we all have faults !! :D

No, not a problem with manners overall, just idiots. That said, you can put that off on the parents too.

I'm back in action! Thanks Kyle.

I was freaking out last night because I tried every password I could think of and no longer had access to the email address I used when signing up (remember back in the day when you couldn't use a free email address?)

Was able to get back in after my sob story earlier in this thread. Much thanks for Kyle, MajorDomo, and all the rest of the Hardforum staff for their help and support -- for all of us :)

Finally made it back. Sent a couple emails, one Monday, one Wednesday. Nothing.

Had to call my parents ISP, pretend to be my dad, and get the email I deleted in 2007 activated again lol.

Finally made it back. Sent a couple emails, one Monday, one Wednesday. Nothing.

Had to call my parents ISP, pretend to be my dad, and get the email I deleted in 2007 activated again lol.

You sent me an email twice? I don't recall looking up the user name.

Yes sir. Even copied myself on the 2nd to make sure it went through.

No worries though, made it back.

Mail me from the same account again and paste in this forum exchange please.

I just went back through my entire history this week and do not have a single mail with the user name "BeavermanA" in it.

Thank you for your help resetting my password, Kyle. No idea why I didn't get the reset email either. Did not show up in Inbox or Spam folder either time I tried. Amazed how late this man works sometimes!

Done. Sent it from desktop this time. Did it from tablet before, but like I said I cc myself the 2nd time to make sure it sent.

Never saw anything from you. PM the addy you are sending from please. Did you piss me off in the past and make me add you to my filter? LOL!

Thank you for your help resetting my password, Kyle. No idea why I didn't get the reset email either. Did not show up in Inbox or Spam folder either time I tried. Amazed how late this man works sometimes!

Doin' work! Figure I will get a new wave of those locked out Friday night.

Kyle, thanks for the quick response and getting my account all set back up!

I created a new account before i saw this thread and emailed Kyle friday night, no dice yet :(

Back