Lost 1st place in Moo! Wrapper...

• Thread starter Deleted member 88227
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 88227

EVGA took first on this project today.

atp1916 if ya wanna do some Moo! Wrapper testing on your GPUs feel free to do so. haha

I can.

Am getting an el cheapo g4560 2c/4t chip - very curious to see if it is sufficient versus a $125 i5 6500.

Also got some 1080s that need some zeroing.

I probably wouldn't.

Basic rule of thumb is one CPU core or thread per GPU. With 7 GPUs in your rigs I wouldn't waste any money on anything less than a 4c/8t i7. Maybe, maybe go with an i5 4c/4t CPU, but I still think it will limit your production.

You posted in the viewable Guides section again. ;p

All of my rigs are 8 card, outside of this workstation with 7.

I am feeling that the 4c/4t would limit as well.

What gets me is that i would still drop ~220-250 per i7 6700/7600 when if my boards were Coffee Lake capable i could get 6c/12t chips for a tiny bit more.

:-|

Last edited:
Still relevant but many folks have mentioned not getting the email for the password. I will find out from another user that was updating me on his adventure into it recently and let you know if he had any luck.

All of my rigs are 8 card, outside of this workstation with 7.

I am feeling that the 4c/4t would limit as well.

What gets me is that i would still drop ~220-250 per i7 6700/7600 when if my boards were Coffee Lake capable i could get 6c/12t chips for a tiny bit more.

:-|

For most projects probably not as bad as you think. Most projects I believe will assign half a core to a GPU WU. So technically a 4c4t setup would be fine with 8 GPUs, but if it were my I would just go with an i7 with 4c/8t and be done. I've got a rig with 2 GPUs that has a 10c/20t Xeon in it. Haha.

Back