Loss of connectivity occasionally

SocceRich20

2[H]4U
I have a Motorola WR850G router. I have it configured like this:

Wired 1: Main Comp (3.5Ghz IC7-G onboard NIC)
Wired 2: Mom's Comp (HP 650MHz P3)
Wired 3: Spare Machine/ CSS Server (3Ghz, IS7 onboard NIC)
Wired 4: Web Server (HP 566Mhz Celeron, Mandrake 10.1)
Wireless 1: My Laptop (2.4Ghz, 802.11g card)
Wireless 2: Dad's Laptop (2.0Ghz, CISCO 802.11b card)
Wireless 3: Mom's Laptop (AMD 2400+ Mobile, 802.11g card)

All computers are running Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 2, except for the Linux web server.

The problem is, that some of the computers lose their connection. My main computer, my web server, my laptop, and my mom's laptop all run perfectly, and never lose a connection. My CSS server/Spare Machine, Mom's desktop, and Dad's laptop work fine most of the time, but once every minute or so, they lose their connection, and reconnect within a few seconds. THis is a pain, and creates major lag when it happens to my CSS server. I have tried upgrading the firmware on the router, reinstalling NIC drivers, setting static IPs, and some other things on the computers that lose connections, but nothing seems to help, and it is a big pain in the ass. I have a fast RCN cable internet, by the way. Any help on solving this problem is grealty appreciated.

When they lose thier connection, does it say "Network connection unplugged"? Are they all plugged into the same router/hub?

Yes, it says "network cable unplugged" for the wired computers, and "wireless network unavailable" for the laptops. All are connecting to this router, nothing in between.

Any other possibilities other than a bad router? My older D-link was pretty good, except its 802.11b. I might try going back to that.

Back