lose internet connection on reboot or cold boot

pRS317

Limp Gawd
upon cold boot or reboot, i'm unable to get a net connection without power cycling the router and many attempts at the various repair connection options. generally it takes about 5 mins to get the connection working. after it's working, it's fine...getting there is a bi$h, tho.

this same problem has shown itself in rc1, rc2, and now, build 5840. any thoughts on this? is there an asrock beta driver ftp to try another lan driver?

Thats odd.
Sounds like the router isn't assigning an IP to your NIC when it loses its connection (PC reboot)... which to me sounds more like a problem with the router than the NIC, but I've been wrong plenty of times in the past. I guess it'd be easy enough to try another NIC. I'm assuming you're using the onboard integrated NIC? You can try a different driver... you can also try a different NIC altogether... if you can get your hands on one.

I've never cared for any of the onboard NIC solutions available on motherboards... not even the gigabit ports. I've always been a fan of 3Com and Intel NICs. Currently using Intel gigabit PCI NICs.

I have the same motherboard as you. I had the same issue (only tried RC1 of Vista) and I don't think there really is a solution to this at the moment. However, mine takes only like 1 minute before I can get online.

yeah, it was faster with rc1 for me, too. but it takes a lot longer with rc2 and 5840 :( i'm going to try to find a spare nic tonight and see if that works. i'm pretty much thinking it's drivers at this point. hopefully someone will stumble upon some beta drivers that will help us out.

Back